Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Year Of Knox..

Having Knox around has made this past year the best (albeit scariest) year of our lives. I am constantly amazed that God loves us so much that he chose to bless US with THIS baby. How lucky are we?

When Slade and I moved to the Falls, I set up our Christmas tree that first Christmas...well, we must have set it up a little too well...because now, we can't get it apart. Never one to let the small things deter me, I decided to decorate it for every season. It was a way to keep the tree up and I liked flexing my creative muscles. When Knox was born I had this genius idea: I would decorate it every month for the first year of his life and then take a picture of him to watch him grow...GREAT idea...in theory. First off, I didn't get started until Feb officially..couldn't quite get it together before then. I had no idea how exhausted I was going to be. 

Secondly, decorating a Christmas Tree every month is A LOT of work, not to mention expense, but I did it...for the most part. Not the greatest photos because it was hard at times to get the baby and the tree in the same shot and all of that good stuff...but I did my best and HERE IT IS! 

OCTOBER:
Didn't get a tree up but did get a pic of my newborn!

Knox 1 Week Old


NOVEMBER:
Got a tree up but didn't get a pic of the baby in front of it

tree

Knox 1 Month old

DECEMBER:
Again, got the tree up but not a baby in the same shot

Tree

Knox 2 Month's Old

JANUARY
Didn't get a tree up because we went to the Rose Bowl but did get a pic of the baby :)



FEBRUARY:
Finally got a shot with the baby AND the tree...so it begins

Knox 4 Months Old (He's not sure about this)
Valentine Heart Tree

MARCH:

 Shamrock Tree

Knox 5 Months Old

APRIL:

Easter Tree

Knox 6 Months Old

Bonus Shot

MAY:

Knox 7 Months Old

getting the hang of this!

JUNE:

Summer Tree

Knox 8 Months Old

Are we still doing this?

JULY:

Patriotic Tree

Knox 9 Months Old

AUGUST:
okay, in August I didn't do a tree because we were on our "Mountain Adventure" most of August. But I did get a shot of Knox in front of a "natural" tree.

Knox 10 Months Old

Bonus Shot (he's still in front of a tree!)

SEPTEMBER:

College Football Tree: TEXAS, TECH, TCU

Knox 11 Months Old

OCTOBER:

Birthday Tree!

Knox is 1! And now a pro!

Went from need to be propped in a bumbo to standing in a chair...such a big boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment