Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Break...

Today I did something that I don't always do... I gave myself a break. Sometimes I feel like since I don't have a 8-5 job, I need to always be doing something..cleaning the house, working out, laundry, cooking, running errands or something "productive." (wow that previous statement reverted me right back to the 1950's...yes, I do all of the above in heels and pearls) There are days when honestly, I wish I was going to a school and having to teach someone else's kids or to an office to deal with other people's problems...at least you get a lunch break. Today, Knox has been a bit of a terror...he wants to walk and go EVERYWHERE. He gets frustrated when he can't and I become the one who needs to fix this problem! He has also decided that naps are not really his thing and cried for 1.5 hrs this morning in his crib...seriously, kid just sleep for 30 minutes and you are out of the crib in half that time.

Anywho, this afternoon when I went to put him down he again cried and would not go down. I knew he was exhausted so instead of putting him down and then leaving the room to go get started on the 35 things I should be doing, I just sat there with him and rocked him. He was asleep in 3 seconds. His little head tucked in between my neck and my shoulder and his arms around my shoulders and slightly snoring cause he is stopped up. It was precious and I decided right then and there that you know what, screw it, I wasn't going to be productive. I was going to enjoy this time because he is only going to be a baby for such a short time and I need to relish it. There are always going to be things I "need to do" and things I should be doing but he is not always going to be a snuggly little boy. Plus, he isn't a natural snuggler so I got to take it when I can get it! I sat in there with him for a long while and he just slept on me and I just loved on him. No, it's not the most practical way...but it sure was a GREAT way to spend part of my afternoon!
NOW, I'm off to do laundry...yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment