Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I quit....for a minute anyway

Thus far in my journey as a parent, I feel like I have not really had anything that I thought...okay, I'm done. Until today...
Lil Knox has a stomach bug and has been throwing up everything he eats....Oh. My. Gosh....I was not prepared for this part of parenthood. It all started Sunday night when we had Gan, Dad and Thomas over for dinner. Gan was rocking Knox after his bottle when he puked ALL OVER HER. Next, I grabbed him and he puked all over my hands and then again all over the floor. Dad and Gan sprang into action while I sat there stunned like, holy..moly. I ran into the bathroom because I thought I was going to throw up, but then.....I had a little pep talk with myself. I told myself to put my big girl panties on and deal. This was my child and I didn't need to let my grandmother and father clean up my child's full meal that was currently residing on his nursery floor. We stuck him in the tub and got to work on the carpet...

The next morning he threw up his whole bottle all over me and the couch so, again, we got a bath and got it cleaned up. That night he threw up all over his crib when Slade had him so we got to change out all the bedding and bathe the baby...yet again. The next day, he did great all day and I though it was over...Hallelujah...not so fast. Slade was headed out of town with Dad and was fully dressed about to head the the airport when he picked up Knox to say goodbye when WHAM...Knox puked ALL over him and the kitchen floor...oops. Ok, so I might have laughed...it's just that Slade's face was so shocked/worried/ticked/confused all at once. It was funny.  So another bath for Knoxie poo and Slade goes for yet another shower. I get to mop up the baby and then the floor...are we having fun yet??

Ok, so I call the dr and he tells me he probably has a bug and to bring him in in the morning. Or convo going something like this...

Dr: "What's up with Mr. Knox"
ME: "Well, he keeps projectile vomiting all over everyone and it's not winning him any friends."
DR: "He probably has a bug that's going around, or it could just be the mucus from his allergies is making his tummy upset."
ME: "So when should this be over? I feel like my child has been sick FOR-EVER"
DR: laughter "I hope soon"
DR: "don't give him anymore food but you can give him a bottle but dilute it with Pedia-lyte...he shouldn't throw up as much then"
ME: "As much? because I'll be honest, I need to know, I am out of clean crib sheets. I guess I could stick a trash bag around him...." okay, so the last part was a thought that I didn't really mean to say out loud. 

Here is the problem with the last part...you probably shouldn't tell a pediatrician that you are going to put something around your child that they not only could choke on but could also suffocate themselves as well. I knew any second the door bell would ring and it would be like, "oh, hello CPS!"
 Luckily Knox's pediatrician was my pediatrician so he knows me pretty well and figured I was kidding... I was...kinda.

This morning we go to the dr. and I now know that he doesn't have an ear infection but I have no idea why he is throwing up...I tell myself he is on the mend. We get home I put him down and then I hear him crying...I finally go check on him to find him sitting in throw up with it all over him and his crib...you have GOT to be kidding me! He is just sitting there smiling up at me...I love this child but honestly...I am tapped out. I don't want to clean up anymore puke. I quit. I got all his bedding taken off and into the wash, got a pack-n-play set up in the room where he is currently napping, and I kinda think there might be some throw up in his hair but he was just so sleepy I didn't have the heart to bathe him again..plus his skin is getting really dried out.

How or why, you may be asking yourself, am I blogging? Well, to let you know that if I haven't emailed, txted or called you back...this is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment