Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Circle of life...

{Every time I see this post title I feel the urge to sing Lion King...I usually do}

I know it's been a while, but well, things have been busy. We have alternated between sick baby, sick parents, helping Team CH move into their house, plus a plethora of other random things. We celebrated my 28th birthday and sadly, we also lost Slade's maternal grandfather, Pa Paw.

Pa Paw will be greatly missed, he was a great man. His funeral was a wonderful way to learn all about the man he was before he was a grandfather. He was on the U.S.S. West Virginia when Pearl Harbor was attacked and received a Purple Heart. Since he was a Marine, there were four Marines at his funeral who folded and presented an American Flag to Meme (his wife) on behalf of the President and the United States...it was really moving and honestly such a great tribute. No lie, if you didn't have to actually be a Marine...I would almost be tempted to enlist just for the funeral...that's how cool it was. Knox was quite the trooper and such a breath of fresh air. During the burial, he was sitting in Sharon's lap on the front row playing with her bracelet. He kept dropping it and throwing it on the ground...all I could think was...if he throws her bracelet in that hole, what in the world am I going to do? Is it my job to dig it out because I am his mother? Thankfully, he did not do this!

We also celebrated my birthday on Friday! I honestly don't know when I became such an old woman. can't believe I am 28...I mean that's LATE twenties. My sweet, wonderful husband planned me a surprise birthday party with Brooke's assistance. I was not shocked to find all my friends celebrating the anniversary of my birth but I was not exactly positive where they would be. It was a great evening and I was so thankful to get to spend it with all my friends. I also got my one birthday wish...a cake from Benny Daniels. I have been obsessed with his cakes since I was a wee lass and I took it upon myself to try to break myself of this obsession. How did I do this you may wonder? I thought if I ate as much of the cake as I could, then I would get sick of it. Good plan, right? Well it might not have gone exactly as planned...I still love the stuff and all that happened was now my pants are a little snug...awesome.

Here are a few pics from the past few weeks...

                                                       Checking the sprinklers with Dad

Lawn man in the making



so sweet...

love...

dynamic duo

Onsie that Team CH got him...not sure who did his hair...not sure he is gonna love this pic in the future
he looks like Dwight from the Office's offspring 

Three Generations

Handsome Hodges Men

Family Photo...Knox looks like such a poser with the "diva lean" ..(yes, I just coined that term)

Heather and Steve-O


Such a little poser

love this pic

who needs balance?

loving life

Slade using Knox for a little post-run workout

Knox's first birthday party to attend....Asher Bannon's..he's not sure about the hat

"Mom, Do you know how heavy this head is? I been holding it up ALL day!"


First time to see a big dog..the Anderson's dog Bo...took a sec to warm up but now they are best buds

Thinks he looks pretty cool in his hoodie

Who me?

No comments:

Post a Comment