Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Projects....

Anyone who knows me, knows that every few months I get creatively antsy. Antsy, you ask? Yes, I have a random need to do some type of home remodel, decor change or usually something that involves painting. Last year, I had a baby so that pretty much halted all my creative juices for a bit. The past few months I have done a few of these. It all started when I decided to give Cody and Christy a housewarming gift. Well, one thrift store find, 7 days, 5 coats of paint/glaze and a zillion different passes with the sander, I was finally finished. It became a "Housewarming, Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah" present but all the same...I was bitten with the bug to re-create. So here are a few examples of my projects of late.

Sidebar: due to the approaching holiday season and my dwindling funds, I am willing to take on a few new projects. So if you have a piece of furniture that you would like spiffed up, beat up (antiqued) or completely re-done... Let me know and I'd be happy to do it for ya!

Cody and Christy's present before....


base color....


finished product....


different angle

I also painted a few pieces of Christy's furniture she already had. I don't have any before's but they were basically just plain wood.... here is what they turned into!

Cabinet (with flash)

without flash

Antiqued here side table and headboard


So I get home from their house and decide that I needed to do something to my OWN house. These always start as really great ideas...then 3 days and 3 coats of paint later, I am exhausted usually with paint everywhere wondering why on earth I started this.

I decided that I didn't like my entry way trim. I painted the stripes when we moved in but never messed with the trim...the tan looked to old ladyish and I wanted to brighten up the room a bit. Here is what it looked like before....


and now....



another angle before...


and after...


See! Looks brighter! Or at least I think it does...

2 comments:

  1. you are so talented! everything looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously -- I am IN LOVE w/the turquiose dresser! Teach me how you did this, sister!!! I'd love to bring you a project piece, but that may not be easy 4 1/2 hrs away!!!

    ReplyDelete