Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

You're killin me Smalls....

It's me Knox and by smalls, I mean my mother. I love her, but she is about to do me in today!! I woke up late this morning..around 9:15.. because I was tired. Mom WOKE me up when she came in my room cause she needed to make sure I will still alive cause I never sleep that late. Yes, Mother, I am alive..just needed a few extra z's, sheesh!

I got over it, cause that's just who I am. This afternoon Mom took me to this new magical place that has way better people watching than restaurants or the pool....the Mall! Yep, I made my first trek to Sikes Center today and let me tell ya..not impressed. But Mom wanted to get me out of the house and since it's 150 degrees outside, the mall was our best bet.

Let me back up a bit. We headed out in the Wagon...the Wagon, you say? Yes, since someone got their bumper torn off (cough, mom!) Mom is driving Nonnie's white wagon for a while....see below



Don't get me wrong, we are so grateful Non let us use it and we are not stuck at home but I just think it's funny Mom is driving a station wagon...and to make it even better, no tint. So I have to squint half the time. To fix this Mom put a blanket in the window...I told her she should have just foiled it then we could have been a little more WT! We get to the mall and Mom busts out Brooke's umbrella stroller. Since it's gonna be my new wheels for the next few weeks on vacation, she thought I needed to try it out. So she gets it all set up and then sticks me in it. Well, genius didn't lock it in position so as soon as I get in, it starts to EAT ME ALIVE! Mom is facing the car so she doesn't notice that I am being swallowed by the stroller. I felt like I was in a venus fly trap! So what does Mom do when she turns around? She starts laughing...real cool Linds, then pops it up with her foot and praise the Lord I am free! Since I am always cool under pressure I didn't cry but I was NOT happy.

We head into the mall and I bang around on the stroller a bit to make sure it's sturdy and isn't gonna try to eat me again. When I am convinced it's not, I lay back and relax. I was amazed at what was before my very eyes. ALL kinds of people! Some types I have never seen before so I would REALLY stare at them.

We went in to the shoe store because Mom says I need some shoes since we are going on vacation where it's cooler and my feet might be cold. Honestly woman, I don't even walk yet! Why do I need shoes? But Mom's the boss so to get shoes I went. At first I was totally against this. She would try to put a shoe on my foot and I would flex my food as hard as I could and curl my toes so she couldn't get it on. Teach her to try and buy me shoes....but then I saw them. They were glorious. RED Converse. I LOVE red and I love Converse so it was a match made in heaven. I had no problem letting Mom put those on these tootsies. Then I saw some baby New Balance that I just had to have. They were velcro (check) and extra wide (check, check)! Now I am all set! Check out my sweet new kicks!

I am SOOOO excited bout my new shoes!


Ralph Lauren: Eat Your Heart Out

No comments:

Post a Comment