Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fly Fishing

One afternoon in Vail, I got the pleasure of my very own private fly fishing lesson. My instructor, Brooke, was very patient with me and tied all my flies, fetched my flies, taught me how and where to cast. She even wears a fancy little fishing vest with everything you could ever need in it..most of which I had never even heard of. We even had our own paparazzi...she had mad photography skills, but she mostly read her book.  I got six "strikes" but didn't hook one..the only thing my instructor forgot to tell me is what to do when the fish bites! One thing I DID catch was 4 trees!!! Brooke caught 2 fish! I loved learning to fish and no lie, the beautiful bubbling stream was a little more peaceful than a house full of seven babes!

Bets reading


my attempt at an action shot...not bad!


My VERY patient instructior




trying a different spot


still at it.....


a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment