Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

We love Park City!!

Knox and I are having sooo much fun in Park City! The weather has been amazing and The Baily's are fabulous hosts! We have had fabulous meals and fellowship. Yesterday, Brooke and I needed blankets to sit on the deck because it was chilly...in August...I LOVE this place! We went to the Park City Art festival and today went on a hike that was absolutely beautiful. We hiked up to a few different  lakes, had a little picnic and then hiked back down...about 2 hrs. It was about 65 degrees so it was perfect hiking weather.

Tonight we are going to see Michael McDonald in concert! It's outside so we are taking a picnic dinner...good times ahead!

Knox however, has had a bit of a rough start.

The plane ride....ohhh the plane ride. I was "that mom." You know, the one at the front of the plane rocking her baby that just wont go to sleep. He was super happy at the beginning and felt it was his duty to entertain the entire plane but after a while it got a little old. He jumped on my thighs for a good hour...let's just say I was not built to support that kind of weight. He FINALLY fell asleep and I swear I thought people might applaud me because I had been trying to hard to get him to give it up. He slept about 30-45 minutes until we started to descend and it must have hurt his ears because he woke up screaming. I shoved a bottle in his mouth and he was better. I couldn't understand why my "perfect baby" was being such a toot. I found out the next morning when he had thrown up everywhere and obviously has a cold due to the fact that his eyes were watering, nose running, and sneezing. Pretty much something was coming out every orifice. Poor kid didn't feel good!

He was doing better until today....
I MIGHT have left him on the bed for just a second and he MIGHT have fallen off. Yes, you read that correctly. I guess he just went for something and turns out he's a little more mobile than I thought he was. I was in the bathroom and heard a THUMP. I looked back to see him on the floor. I can't describe the feeling I had. I have never been so scared in my life. It's a tall bed. I got to him and I think when he saw my face he started crying. I felt AWFUL. I ran into Brooke's room and started crying. She took my baby and checked him out and he was fine, just a little scared. She calmed him down, then me. She is good in a crisis...great person to keep around! She assured me that she along with most mom's have at some point let a child roll off the bed. Knox was fine after a few minutes but I could not pull myself together. I put him down and we left to go on our hike. I had a breakdown right when we got there and then I was fine. Just had a bit of an anxiety attack.  I am not super emotional on the whole but I don't know when it comes to your baby, it's different. I felt like the worst mom in the world and he looked at me like, "MOM! How could you let that happen!!"  Moral of the story...don't leave babies unattended on high furniture.
headed to lunch


watchin a little Dora


Baily helped Knox get dressed....he thought it was really funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment