Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Indoor S'mores....not for the faint hearted!

A couple of weekends ago we went to the lake with Bo and Brooke and for dessert one night, we had S'mores. I probably haven't had a S'more since camp and quite honestly forgot how delicious they were. Plus the way I figure it, it has one graham cracker, one marshmallow and minimal chocolate so it can't be that bad for ya! I have been craving them ever since.

So, Knox and I were supposed to be in Ft. Worth today but he got sick and my car battery died :( so we ended up not making it. This change of plans freed me up to go to the grocery store this morning and I think Cody and Christy are coming for dinner so I needed to get some stuff. It's like the little grocery store elves were in my head. I turn the corner and on the end of an aisle is all the makings for.. you guessed it...S'mores. I think to myself, matter of fact, I would like S'more! (pun intended)

I get home and while Knox is napping it dawns on me that I don't have an open flame for my S'mores. I was not going to fire up the grill for ONE S'more. Never one to let something deter me, especially when it comes to food, I decide that I will improvise. I put the marshmallow on a paper towel and stick it in the microwave. Funny thing is, I am not an idiot....I KNOW what happens when you put a marshmallow in the microwave. I can only blame it on lack of sleep. They EXPLODE. Or at least they do when you put it in there for 30 seconds...again, really Linds? Yup, all over the microwave. So consider this your public service announcement....Don't try to make S'mores in the microwave. Bad idea. Plus, Marshmallow...not the easiest to clean up.

By this point, this had become a bit of a mission. So here is what I did...I put the marshmallow back in the microwave...yes I know...BUT this time I watched it! So when it got a little puffy, after like 3 seconds,  I pulled it out and smacked it between my graham crackers.....it was glorious!

So if you need a fun dessert this summer, might I suggest S'mores....but maybe do it on a night when you are grilling out!

1 comment:

  1. I love me some s'mores. I make them in the oven on broil. It toasts the marshmallows like a grill, but you have to watch them like a hawk. They will burn really quickly. I learned that the hard way!

    ReplyDelete