Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

9 Months!

It's me Knox. A few days ago I turned 9 months old! I went to the Dr. today for my checkup and I have lost a pound...so I am down to a slim 21lbs and 29 inches tall. I am in the 70% for weight and the 95% for height....guess I got that from Mom Dad. Lets see...what am I up to at 9 months?? Well I'll tell ya...


  • I talk/sing ALL the time
  •  full out wiggle worm
  • I just about have a 2 inch vertical in my jumper
  • ALMOST crawling
  • working on 2 teeth
  • I like to stand whenever I can
  • I love Cheerios
  • I have started to be a little more selective about who I let hold me. I mean safety first, you can't just let anyone pick you up!
  • Have gotten into Dora and Wonder Pets
  • LOVE my stuffed pug, Barney....has to be in the crib to sleep
  • Working on Baby sign language..
  • In a size 3 diaper
  • Wear 9-12 month clothes
  • Love to be outside
  • I really like other babies and I am the best people watcher...I will mean mug somebody!
  • I got to bed around 7:30- 8 ish and sleep till 8:00.
  • My new favorite toy, much to Mom's chagrin is her iPhone!


I have started eating some table food...Mom is pretty strict about what I eat cause she says I am big enough and if I get fat, she is gonna have to get a wheelbarrow to cart me around.  I also don't always like to swallow my food...I just let her pile a bunch of stuff in there BUT I will act like I am chewing so that she keeps giving me food...works like a charm...well, until I choke then that's not super fun for anyone.
I also won't feed myself...nope not gonna do it..and trust me, Mom has tried to get me to! But why would I? She feeds me so well! I will eat out of her hand and will pick up the food but won't put it in my mouth. Take tonight for instance, Mom gave me a banana. I loved it when I ate it out of her hand and then she put it on the tray.. it went downhill for her from there. I LOVED mashing all the banana on the tray and squishing it in my hands. Next, I made a super cool pile of banana mush. Yippee! So, Mom has this real cool shiny, sparkly ring on her left hand and to make it prettier...I smashed mushed up Banana ALL over it...it looked SOOO pretty! She was thrilled.

My hair...ohhhh my hair! So I rocked the mohawk for a while and the ladies loved it...BUT now that my hair has started to grow out, it is losing a little of it's luster. So I look a little like The Donald with a bad comb over....I know, gotta work on this.

Also, at 9 months I am really into my great-grandmothers. I got to see Meme (Slade's grandmother) when I was in Hereford. I get to see Gan all the time....we are the best of buddies and I love going over to Nonnie's and we just talk and talk and talk. I also really like playing with her dog, Spunky. He's crazy but I like him.

I have decided that I love Apples...but they don't look like the red apples you eat. They are on Mom's toys!!  I love all of her toys but let's face it, Mom is NOT good at sharing with me! She has the coolest stuff...a thing that she points at the TV and it changes the channel, a silver book with a big apple on it and a super bright screen, keys that make lots of noise and her phone...ohhhh how I love her phone. Since I was so into Moms toys she tried to help me out. She got me a phone, keys and a laptop of my own. But here's the deal. My "laptop" is faulty. It doesn't have an apple, it's not silver, and it doesn't surf the web! It's squishy, made of primary colors and has a mirror where the big screen should be. Plus, when I hit those buttons... they don't make the fun clicking sounds... they tell me the colors in English AND Spanish! My keys also are not up to par...they are not silver like Moms and they don't make as much noise..again she went with the primary colors and they are huge. I mean please, Mom, people do not have locks for keys that big..they are totally pointless. But the worst is the phone...my "phone" is a joke. It just plays a song, that's about it and again...no apple...but Mom's is AMAZING. It lights up...sometimes the little squares jiggle when I push down on it to long, it plays my music and I can watch Dora on it. Basically, it's everything I need in a tiny little square. Plus, it actually calls Dad. I like to talk to him on speaker phone.
Basically at 9 months, I am turning into a little boy....no longer a bambino.



hangin out



Aunt Heather did my hair



Super excited to be with Non



Ready for my 9 month checkup



Hey girl! Whats up!




Ready for my checkup!



Got Mom's keys and No, I won't be returning them.



Dad and I doing pushups 



Couple things wrong with this:
A: Do they know it's purple?
B: How the hell am I supposed to swim in this?
C: I think the floaties make my thighs look fat.



Such a happy baby



Rockin my mohawk


1 comment:

  1. Lindsey,
    My name is Jenifer Jackson. Slade would know me as Jenifer Holmes. I am from Hereford and my sister was one of Heather's best friends. I started blogging when we were going thru fertility treatments and have continued to blog about our twin boys. I stumbled upon your blog the other day in recommended reading in google reader. We must read one of the same blogs. Anyways I was scrolling along and all of the sudden there was Sharon Hodges!! So I started reading. Knox is adorable!! He is his Daddy and Steve!! I just wanted to say hello and tell Slade I said hi! I look forward to following your blog and watching little Knox grow up. You will have to take a look at our pride and joys! They are 7 months now. I have several posts that I am working on and need to post but time seems to slip away from me right now.......Take care
    Jen

    ReplyDelete