Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gracie, Caroline and Knox....exciting, enchanting and exhausting!

This past Tuesday, Mom and I drove down to Ft. Worth for a Dr. appt. with Knox. We then picked up Caroline and Gracie to come stay with Bebe and Grandad for the week. So the drive home had Mom, me, Caroline, Gracie, Knox and all the baby gear in Mom's Escalade. THANK goodness she has captains chairs because someone...yup, you guessed it...me..got to sit on the floor between them entertaining all three. Caroline and Knox (both almost 9 months) were in their car seats in the captains chairs and Gracie (2) was in her car seat in the back. Linds (27) was squished between all three...yippee!

We started out great but then quickly it all went downhill...Knox and Caroline were both hungry so once she started screaming, Knox decided it must be the cool thing to do so he chimed in. Then we have Gracie in the backseat trying to yell over them that "it's okay!"
So I treck my happy butt back there and plop in between the crying babies and have one arm feeding Knox and the other feeding Caroline. Next, Gracie decides that she's hungry too, so I have the bag of puffs in my mouth and am turning around to give her a handful. Once the babies get more settled I turn around to talk to Gracie. Seriously, she is like a mini adult. Super smart, remembers EVERYTHING and is very verbal. However, I think she just likes messing with me because she would make up bogus answers to questions that we both knew she knows the answer to. Here were a few blips of our conversation....

Me: Gracie, who are your Mommy and Daddy
Gracie: Tyler and Katie
Me: Where do you live?
Gracie: In Waco at a neighbors house, near an El Fenix!

I about lost it...I just started dying laughing...Ummm no, she lives in Dallas, in her parents house and her dad does commercial real estate for El Fenix. Tyler did tell me that they were in Waco recently heading to Houston and she was with him and he stopped to look at a location for an El Fenix. I am telling ya, she remembers everything!

Katie's brother and his wife are expecting a baby in the fall...
Me: Gracie, are you excited about your new cousin?
Gracie: Ohhh, Yes!
Me: Is Aunt A going to have a boy or a girl?
Gracie: A BOY!
Me: What's she going to name him?
Gracie: Tito!

ummm no, I did a little fact checking with Katie on this one and they are in fact having a GIRL and regardless of the sex will not be naming it Tito! I have NO idea where she got that! She told Katie that they should name a little girl China...not to self: don't let Gracie name my next child.

When we got to the Falls, Dad had her new playhouse in the yard with balloons and streamers!
Did the decorating all by himself!! She LOVED it! Slade met us at my parents house and everyone played, ate dinner and swam. The cousins all had so much fun together.

On Thurs, we headed to the CC pool with our three plus Molly, Baily, Maggie, Luke, Elizabeth, Preston and Jessie (and of course all their moms...we ain't crazy!) It was so much fun to see all the kiddos play together..and the babies stare at each other.

Knox, however, has showed a bit of a jealous side! He HATES it when my dad or Gangan holds Caroline! Little toot will fake cry or fuss until they put her down. Funny thing, he could care less if Slade or I are holding her...but NOT Grandad!!!!! Honestly, this is fine with me...she weighs about half what Knox does, so for me it's like holding air. Plus, she will cuddle a little...I love it!

Grandad took Gracie to ride horses and she got to ride a pony named Diamond! She was very excited! I told her to tell her Daddy when she gets back that she wants a pony AND diamonds!

We went over there today to say bye to the girls and take a few pics with my good camera and lets just say that I am pretty sure that after 5 days, Bebe and Grandad are EXHAUSTED!!! We have been with them a lot this week because I wanted the kids to be around each other, plus I think those girls are just the cutest, so Mom and Dad had all three of them quite a bit. Of course Super Gan came over to help too! Seriously, what would we do without her?

Caroline ready to head to the Falls



so is Knox!



The setup when we arrived home....thanks Grandad!



Knox was thrilled to see his BFF



Uncle Slade ordering from Gracie


Knox, Caroline and Gracie


So over picture time and ready to go swimming!



Mom, have you seen Caroline...she's like half my size!!


No telling what is being planned here



I wonder what she will do if I just flick her with this? (no he didn't try)



Check out my two teeth!



Whoa! Did you see that she already has teeth!?!



I am just not so sure about all these girls.....



I promise we didn't let her chew on markers the WHOLE time.



Lovin this!



Knox and his favorite babysitter of all time .....Gan!



So dad was trying to get them to look behind me by making really odd noises...hence the look of confusion



Gan and her babies....Here Knox, let me get that for ya!



Knox, did you know you have really small ears??



Thank you Caroline, that is QUITE enough! 



By day 5...Emma was tapped out!


Two peas in a pod



Mom, you saw what happened last time she was this close to my face!



My handsome boys!



Grandad...always the source of entertainment!



checking her mail



Bebe and her grandbabies.....tried to figure out how to get Gracie tall enough to be in the pic.....



Aannnnd here is how we did it! Gracie looks a little ticked because she was none to happy that her "horsey" would not go!!



Now Dad...You are sure about this??



Mom, what's your take??



Bebe and Caroline...I hope to look this good as grandmother of three



Dad, I am just not so sure about all these women!



Not too happy that Grandad sprayed me with the hose...Do you KNOW how long I worked on my hair this afternoon?!?

The MANY faces of Gracie!! 
She really got into the whole camera thing and I would throw out something and she would pose accordingly....pretty hi-larious!


Happy Gracie....



Scary Gracie



winking Gracie



serious Gracie



I told her to roar like a Lion and be scary....looks a little more seductive Gracie



Domestic Gracie



Dancing Gracie



Gardening Gracie

Seriously, how precious is this kid!?!

Aunt Lindsey interviewing Gracie......




No comments:

Post a Comment