Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fireworks, Jorts, Mullets and More!

Happy 4th of July! I headed back to the lake this weekend to celebrate my first Fourth with the whole fam. It was an experience. We had 12 adults and 5 babies...lot's going on! I got to hang with Ann and Bob who I have only gotten to see one other time and now I love me some Eubanks...they totally loved my hair but really who can blame them? I had not had the privilege of meeting Jack and Kelly in my 8 months here on earth so it was nice to finally make their acquaintance and turns out they are great! Plus I got to hang with Hudson, Hayes, Baily and Molly! 

It was lots of time spend on the dock with me in the baby pool with Molls while the other kids swam in the big lake. Personally, I think they are crazy. It's like a huge dark bathtub with actual fish in it (and not the plastic, colorful kind!) not other mention the other "unmentionables" in that water! No, thank you very much, I am fine in my blue pool with the clear water and any kind of shovel or bucket I please. I say Molly was in there with me but that is a bit of an exaggeration....she was technically in the pool with me but girl was doing her best to bust out. Now that Molls is mobile...she's like a tigress! Always on the prowl! 

Last night I got the pleasure of hearing fireworks for the first time and honestly I think I would be just fine if those crazy things were banned! I mean WHAT THE HE** IS THAT?? So picture this...I am cuddled up in my pack-n-play with my puppy under one arm and my blanket under the other dreaming about bottles and baby food when....WHAM...THUMP...POP...POP....POP....wakes me up! I thought I was under attack!! I felt like BinLaden in his bunker....what the who was going on?? I would love to tell you that I rolled my eyes and rolled over but that I did not. I screamed...and screamed and screamed. Finally, Mom heard me and when she came in there I was not happy at all. I would jump every time one of those crazy splosions went off! Mom was super cool about it. She didn't get mad at me for bein awake at all and she gave me a bottle and rocked me back to sleep. Then Dad laid in there with me to make sure I was sleep and wouldn't be skeered anymore. 

Finally, I cannot finish my post without mentioning the highlight of the weekend. So bottom line...Mom's family is crazy. Possibly certifiable. Do we have a regular 4th of July dinner? No! We absolutely do not! We have a "WHITE TRASH" family 4th of July dinner! It was mandatory white trash dress for dinner and then we decided the couple who looked the trashiest took home the fancy bottle of "mommy juice" as the prize. The jean short or "jort" was very popular!They even served Pork Butt for dinner. I don't know what that is but I think a meal with the word "Butt" in the title has to be WT, right? 
 I'm not gonna lie, my parents did not represent well comparably, but Mom says watch out...next year she's going balls to the wall...whatever that means. She was gonna do more to her outfit but decided that she actually liked her shirt that said, "proud to be awesome" and she didn't wanna cut it up....ohhh Mom..she would. 
Bo actually went to the hairdresser and had them cut his hair into a MULLET! Yep, personally I thought it was a great look on him...I mean what is more fun that business in the front and par-tay in the back? Then to make it better he actually used hair spray paint to paint an American flag in the back....it was truly inspired. 

Here is the cast of Characters: 
Ann and Bob came as Tami (of course spelled with an i ) and Don. I know she's my mom's aunt but I am gonna just put it out there...Ann looked hot...she was rockin that outfit and smackin that gum...girl looks good with faux braids! 

Aunt Libby came as a gypsy in a bikini and she was super fancy....Libby is super classy, she wore high heels with her bikini t-shirt...such a lady. Paul had some tattoos that were greatness...well except for the one that didn't stick all the way so it kinda looked like a random splotch on his bicep....

Will and Lauren came as a biker and his lady. She wore a moo-moo and had the two-tone makeup and flag earrings to match. I know it was part of her costume but she even came as the ever prepared parent...she had bottles in her pockets! I mean if Hayes needed a little nip then bam! she had one!

Bo had the previously mentioned mullet and then a new super spectacular invention. He had a glove on his hand then he super glued his "adult beverage" to it. So he didn't even have to hold his own drink! He just had to life his arm! Brooke rocked some cutoff jorts and a cut off tee but since she is my not-so-secret crush I thought she was just beautiful...not white trash at all! 

Jack and Kelly were just white trash. I did hear Mom say they went to school in Arkansas so I am hoping that this is not how they usually dress...they did seem pretty comfortable with themselves. Kelly tried to be a little classier and since her last name is Ford she wore a hat with what I can only guess is her family crest. 

Mom and Dad were just well...I have no words. Mom went as a pregnant lady with the above mentioned shirt of "proud to be awesome" who carried around a beer. Mom said the lesson there for me was that there is nothing more white trash that someone who drinks a lot of beer while pregnant. 
Dad went as a biker...he even ripped his own shirt with his bare hands...my daddy is pretty strong, I'm not gonna lie! 

Of course I saved the best for last....I rocked a cut off t-shirt that said "ROCK ON AMERICA" and my ever popular jean diaper....it's jeans but also a diaper..a "jiaper!" Mom said it was white trash but honestly should we be so critical of one of my wardrobe staples. Just the other day she told me that since she was such a great Mom and I was in my diaper so often she was gonna make me a little fancier and get me "jean" diapers....I thought I was moving on up? guess not. 

All in all it was a great 4th!!!! I love my crazy family!!

My outfit today for the 4th...Go hard or go home



Everybody in the lake!



My WT family....never been so proud!



Dad! Pay attention and push me!



I am very upset that Molly doesn't have on a jean diaper or "jiaper" too.



Me and my pops...check out my guns..



Jack and Kelly



Baily: I just don't know WHAT my dad is thinking? Have you seen that hair?
Hudson: Ah, Baily, it's okay..it'll grow back...i kinda like it! Have you seen all those colors in the back!?


The Clark girls



Bo and Will sure do know how to pick em!



Uncle Bob A.K.A. "Don"



Will's woman feelin his guns...that's hot



Tami's killer braids and Don



Hudson and Baily



Ann..aka..Tami....
Dad said she looked like someone who spent their life savings to get front row seats to Kenny Chesney
Lovely Libby and her fancy heels
Paul and his sweet blob tats



Tami's Tat



My parents....so proud!
Dad thinks Mom is be-a-utiful!
*Note: that is a pillow..not my brother or sister!



Bo's cool invention, I thought he was trying to look like Mickey Mouse!



America, America!
Bo's mullet...i love it!




Don and his lady



White Trash Swimmin Pool...strip your kid down and shoot em with a water hose!



Hudson loving the "pool" he ain't picky!



Dad gettin me buttoned up



you talkin to me?



You know I look good



so sad I had to go home :(












No comments:

Post a Comment