Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Who are you and what have you done with my baby?

How did I not get the memo that when your child turns 7 months old and get off schedule they go nuts? Knox actually has started throwing mini temper tantrums. In his defense, he was sick and totally off his schedule but let's move on already! Yesterday, he was with the occupational therapist and he DID NOT want to be on his belly...would start screaming! As soon as he could flip back over he was all giggles and smiles. She asked me, "did he just throw a fit?" "Wow, I have never seen a 7 month old do that!" Awesome. The kid has it totally figured out that if he gets REEAAALLLY mad then he gets his way. Yes, most parents would be thrilled that their child is showing signs of deductive reasoning at such an early age...not so.

So today at the grocery store I became "that mom." I never realized how judgmental I was towards parents until I became one. If you happened to be at United today and heard some mother saying, "seriously, if you don't pull yourself together I don't care if you are only a baby, I will leave you in aisle 7." or "You are in a buggy at the grocery store for crying out loud, you are not gonna die!" That MIGHT have been me. Knox was not gonna sit in the buggy...he thew a fit! I don't know if it wasn't comfortable or he didn't feel secure enough but he was not having it....UNLESS some nice lady would stop and talk to him. Then it was all goo goo gaga and smiles...seriously, all the kid needs is a halo and his act would be complete. I even tried to give him a choice of his food but nope. The ONLY thing that would distract him enough to make him quit crying would be me singing/dancing to him as we perused the aisles. Yep. Love Story by Taylor Swift was the only thing to grab his attention. So if you were at United today and happened to see some Mom singing and dancing to her kid...that MIGHT have been me as well.
Not gonna lie, got a few stares.

The last straw was when an elderly woman..maybe 70's...stopped me and said in a super condescending tone, "your baby has a mohawk!" I wanted to say, "thanks Captain Obvious" or something not very christian but I just said, "yep, sure does!" I mean please, it's not even a real mohawk. It's more like a tuft of hair on the top of his head that sticks strait up. Granted, I know back in the day a mohawk, was a sign of a rebel but it's not like he has piercings, tatoos and Adam Lambert-ish heavy black eyeliner!  My only saving grace was that Slade was meeting us for lunch so just when I thought I was going to give him away here came his savior and mine....DADDY! Then it was all smiles and laughing. Ugh. Good times! However, his morning nap was a wash because he fell asleep in the stroller and then wouldn't go down so maybe he was just really tired. Please Lord let that be the case.

We are headed to Colorado Friday so we shall see if my easy going sweet baby returns or if this mutant baby stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment