Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sick Baby = Exhausted Mommy

Yesterday after we got home about one-ish I went in to change Knox's diaper and when I picked him up he was on fire. Literally it felt like holding a heating pad. Totally freaked me out. Promptly I took his temp and it was 103! I called the dr but they have to call you back so I just had to wait. I went to put him down because he had to be tired but he just SCREAMED. I picked him up and he promptly threw up all over me. So I am sitting rocking my baby who is naked except for a diaper in a sports bra and panties with throw up in my hair...Ah-Mazing! I had to take a shower but Knox had to be held and I needed to listen for the phone. I then put my big girl panties on and decided to multi-task. I put Knox in his bouncy seat beside the shower door and put the phone on the tub so I could hear it ring and washed my hair as I stuck my foot out the door and bounced Knox's seat...welcome to motherhood. Finally talked to the Dr. and he said to bring Knox in. FIVE miserable hours later we go home with the diagnosis of Roseola. High fever for two days and then probably a rash. We get home and Knox crashes. Great! So he doesn't feel good and he is just gonna sleep a lot....wrong! I have heard my girlfriends talk about how awful it is when your baby is sick and honestly you can't understand until it happens. Knox woke up around 9:30 and didn't not go back to sleep until 5am. I tried everything short of putting the child on the roof to distract him. We fed him, rocked him, changed him, bounced him, you name it- we did it. At one point we had Knox in the nap nanny in between Slade and I in our queen sized bed. We both had about a foot and a half of room and a screaming baby in the middle. I kicked Slade out and sent him to the couch so he could get some rest since he had to go to work. Around 4:30ish I was so desperate I turned on the TV and miraculously that distracted him....he was watching a Zumba infomercial. That lasted about 15 minutes...not that I didn't take those glorious 15 minutes to drift off. Only to be awakened by my child....whom I love. I finally fell asleep around 5 and woke me up again at 8....however he feels better today but his mommy is EXHAUSTED!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lindsay, I SOOOOO feel your pain! Poor Knox Man! Keeton is just ALMOST himself from being sick (after 9 days). It is tough and Mammas really do need a vaca after these moments! Just let me know where you want to go and I'm in!

    ReplyDelete