Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Women's Intuition

This past weekend we headed back to Hereford so that Slade could play in a golf tournament. Since Slade played the afternoon round on Sun, we didn't get to leave until almost 8pm. For those who have a little one you know that trying to correlate bedtime and "put them down" in their car seat is pretty much impossible. Plus Knox had been a little fussier than usual so I was afraid he might be getting sick. On the drive home, the sky kept getting darker and darker and the lightning ahead of us looked like something out of a bad sci-fi movie. I kept telling Slade that I just DID NOT have a good feeling about this and felt like I was driving into my demise. Literally as we were driving my stomach just kept getting tighter and tighter. I KNEW something wasn't right. He thought I was being a little dramatic...but not so. Dad was about 20 min ahead of us and called us and told us to turn around and go back to Amarillo. We were in Clarendon which is about an hr away from Amarillo. Dad and his friend Mark had already seen a tornado on the ground but could only see it when lightening would strike so they had no idea which way it was headed. It looked like we were going to drive right into it. So we promptly turned around and headed North. Thing is, even though we were okay, I was terrified something might happen to my dad. We could have stayed in Clarendon but let's be honest.... I had no idea which way this tornado was headed and I refused to spend my last night on earth in a seedy motel. Plus I didn't want to die in Clarendon...no one even knows where that is! So BACK to Amarillo we went. After getting to Holiday Inn Express at 11ish we had to wake up Knox and naturally he thought it was time to play! I saw the clock at every hour....I thought it was one of my worst nights sleep ever....until last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment