Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Nap time ....where have you gone? Come back!!

I love my child...I love my child...I love my child. This has been my chant all afternoon because Knox has been TESTING my resolve ALL AFTERNOON!! First, I made the colossal mistake of making baby food and using blueberries. I know they are good because of all the antioxidants and all so I decided to do a little peach/blueberry mixture. I had blue EVERYWHERE....naturally Knox loved it and thought that instead of just eating it he needed to stick his hands up there too and just spread it around. He liked it so much that he would bite the paper towel that I was trying to clean up his face with....literally trying to get it to the very last drop.

After lunch it was time to put him down for a nap. The kid has decided that he is just over naps...awesome. It also doesn't help that we are trying to get him out of the nap nanny and he loves it. So naturally he doesn't want to lay in the crib where he can't see all by himself. However, he thinks he has my number BUT I am one step ahead of him. He cries really hard when I am in the room and then when he thinks I am gone he will play a little it then look at the door and cry...but it's not a real cry...it's an "I want my way" cry. At first I thought he might still be hungry so I gave him a little more bottle...nope. Next, I thought he might be hot so he is currently in only a diaper...nope. He did however, get half his diaper off and thought it was soooo funny. Yeah, not so much. Finally, after it doesn't sound like he is going to sleep, I go in  there and he has his blanket wrapped all the way around his head and it literally looks like an Arab man. I untangle him and we try rocking...he is so not into this. Now I have decided that he might just sleep in that dang Nap Nanny till he's 7 because it works. So he is currently in the Nap Nanny in the crib with just a diaper on.

I think he has fallen asleep.....I did just turn on the TV to see that we are in a tornado warning. So not worried about this because we are always in a tornado warning in the spring but all I can think is if they sound those stupid sirens and it wakes my baby up..... I am going to kill someone.

Nope still awake.....

1 comment: