Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Springs!

We headed to Colorado Springs this past Memorial Day Weekend to see our great friends and Cody and Slade played in a golf tournament. Even though the golf was not the success the boys hoped, we all had a great time. On Thurs, Slade, Cody, Knox and I headed to Hereford to break up the drive. We then woke up Friday morning to go the rest of the way to Colorado Springs. We stayed at Casa Vargas and it was wonderful! Knox did great on the drive, so that made it fun for all. He also got to meet his new friends Keeton (2) and Mia (5 Mos) and he loved them! However, all these little one's made this momma realize she is NOT ready for more kiddos...great birth control!

 Mia is almost crawling and was showing Knox up in the "movement" department. However, he has got her in the eating department...surprised? I think not. Aunt Christy got there late Friday night and Mom was so glad to have her there to help! Knox LOVES Aunt Christy and thinks she is sooo funny!

 Saturday we got a babysitter for the kids and Cody, Christy, Kim, Pete, Slade and I went over to the Broadmoor for brunch. It was fabulous and if I didn't have a kid at home waiting on me I would have parked it at the pool and yelled for a cocktail....but mothering called. However, I think next time Knoxie-poo will be left with the g-parents and I will be camping it at the Broadmoor. Five Stars....Yes, Please!

However, after being in the lap of luxury for the afternoon, I was thrust back into reality when I  came home to a baby who would NOT go down for a nap. I don't know if it was the new surroundings, the altitude, the schedule that was no more, or what but I think Knox only slept for about 30 minutes that day. This makes for a very tired, very FRUSTRATED momma! Knox was such a diva that he refused to sleep in a pack-n-play and sweet Mia was booted from her crib. I felt awful but Kim was so nice about it! So Mia slept in the closet while Knox got her room...we are currently working on pack-n-play etiquette and I plan to have him broken in ASAP.

Sunday, the girls had a tea and it was great to get to hang with all the ladies. Love all those Colorado girls and loved getting to meet new Colorado/New Jersey/ Nashvillians. It was such a fun weekend and even though it was lots of hanging out, I was exhausted by time to go. Cody ditched us and flew home..real cool..so it was just Slade and I braving it back to Texas. Knox did AMAZING so we kept driving right through Hereford right back to the Falls. We rolled in about 2 am and Knox did me a solid and didn't wake up until 10 am the next morning....don't know if I have ever loved him more. :) All in all it was a great weekend and we had so much fun. We are so thankful to the Vargas clan for their hospitality and keeping us entertained!

I didn't take a bunch of pics but here are a few......
Knox's first time to meet Mia


Sweet Mia Joy Vargas

Uncle Chip, Knox and Keeton

Knox holding his first golf club.....so not ready for this!


Whoa...little jealous. This is MY Uncle Chip!


LOVIN some Aunt Christy!

No comments:

Post a Comment