Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Poo'd and ate Food!

This weekend we had two firsts! Knox had his first food served with a spoon and his first major blowout where mom and dad had to leave the restaurant! It was a great weekend, Cody and Christy came to visit Saturday for a little Knox time and phase 10. We had a great time but the visit ended a little chaotic. We went to lunch before they left and at then endish of the meal, I took Knox to the ladies room to change his diaper. First and LAST time I ever use one of those baby things on the wall! I pull it down and put down some paper towels and stick Knox on. I know he has a poopy diaper so I have to use it and am just trying to get it changed as quickly as possible. I lay him down only to discover that he has put his hand on the side in where SOME OTHER BABY has poo'd!! So I am like AHHHH! I then and only then look down at Knox's diaper....there is poo EVERYWHERE! Up his back, on his bottom and on his clothes. There is no way I can get this changed. So I dart out and tell Slade we have to leave NOW. We try to line the car seat with diapers so it won't get all over everything but when we do that we can't get him strapped in b/c it's too thick, so we just squish it all and stuff Knox in.  When we get home we have it everywhere. It gets on his back and head as we are pulling the clothes off along with the carseat, changing table, socks ect. We just stick him in the bath. Knox of course was not bothered by this at all and was all smiles. Slade and I, however, were exhausted after we got him cleaned off!

Last night I gave Knox his first rice cereal with a spoon. The Dr. said I needed to start using a spoon so he would get used to it but I swear it's like the kid has been doing it all his short little life. He did great! He was much more interested in looking at the camera than eating so he would lean back and just open his mouth.
Here Mom...it goes right in here!

still making sure she knows where it goes....or pondering something?

so not interested in Mom, wants to know what Dad is doing

"Dad, Could you get this spot off my neck?"

Daddy and Knox

I am so getting the hang of this!

"Mom, seriously I am trying to eat here!"



No comments:

Post a Comment