Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

The BOB

Yesterday I decided it was time to take this whole working out thing up a notch and needed to start running again so I bought a BOB Running Stroller. Today was a beautiful day and after Knox's ordeal at the Dr. he was pooped! So I decided to take him running with me...he is already asleep so I figure he can sleep while I run! I use the term "running" loosely because let's be honest after childbirth it's a little harder. Anywho, I head over to Mom and Dad's neighborhood cause I like it better to walk in and decide that I will take little Emma on a walk before I run. So I get out my new stroller which does NOT have the correct attachment for my infant carrier but do I let this deter me..absolutely not! I just set mine in the little frame and use the belt on the stroller to strap the carrier in...genius right? Don't worry I preformed a few abrupt stops to make sure Knox wouldn't go flying out the front and he didn't. In retrospect I am glad this worked cause if not I would have flung my baby halfway across the front yard....yikes. The three of us head out and instantly it's chaos. Emma is walking everywhere checking out the stroller, yard ect. and I am already twisted in leash and trying not to wake up my sleeping baby. Turns out the BOB has a front wheel that is rotating, I am sure this is great for spinning on a dime and such but trying to walk a dog a push a stroller...no dice. At one point I am distracted trying to get my headphones in and notice the stroller is headed for a tree...I chase after it, hurdling Emma's leash and barely miss a collision and then someone calls. Yeah, not the easiest to answer a call, push a stroller that won't stay strait and pull along a pug who is interested in every tree, bush, shrub along the way. I am sure the neighbors were all like what the heck is going on out there. Of course my stroller is bright orange so the chance of someone not seeing this cluster is slim. After I got Emma dropped off it was a little easier, but the lesson for the day was that the BOB doesn't stop when I stop pushing like my other stroller...so I accidentally ran Knox right into a curb. He opened one eye and looked at me like, "woman, what is the deal!?" I know buddy, this Mom thing needs a bit of a learning curve. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey at least you're TRYING to exercise...that's more than I can say...and I DONT have a newborn! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete