Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Domestic Diva

In my quest to be the perfect mother, I have decided to make my child's baby food. Yes, you read that correctly... I of all people have decided to do this. Stop laughing. So for Christmas Mom gave me a baby food maker and I pulled it out yesterday. I know you are thinking this could be the start of something very scary that might involve puree'd food all over my face, clothes and kitchen BUT turns out it was EASY PEASY! Yep, the Beaba Babycook Baby Food Maker might be the one of the best inventions ever. You just chop up the food and then put it in the little basket and it steams AND blends it for you. Martha Stewart eat your heart out!  Then I put it in some trays I had for breast milk but thought what the heck this will work and froze it! The only hitch was when I couldn't figure out how to get the frozen sticks out of the tray but after a little twisting and banging, I got it! I was ready for the ultimate test....Knox. Yep, he loved it! Seriously was so proud of myself. Would highly recommend the BBBFM from Williams-Sonoma! Now lil Knoxie has home made, organic baby food...Slade rarely has home made organic food but Knox does!


My frozen Sweet Potato Sticks!!! 1 stick = 1 oz

2 comments:

  1. I make Vivi's food too! I don't have the Beeba yet, but I want one sooo bad. I also use www.wholesomebabyfood.com for baby food recipes and a good guide on when to introduce foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linds! I made all of Hudson's baby food with the same baby food maker!!! I loved it and he loved it! It was so easy switching from baby food to real food! He still loves his fruits and veggies!! Alise

    ReplyDelete