Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Day in the life....Cont'd

I think the key to a successful marriage is having important and heartfelt conversations like Slade and I do. Let tonight's riveting conversations be an example:

Slade decides to take me to get ice cream tonight as a "reward" because I put on a pair of jeans today that were skinnyish jeans before I got prego and they fit!  I called Slade to tell him and he has been congratulating me all day....can you say SMART A?? Yes, I do see the irony in the above statement.

 On the way home our convo goes a little something like this:
Slade- "You know what the PERFECT job for me would be? I mean I could make a killing!"
I am thinking he is going to say, Coach Football, ESPN Commentator, Something with he and Cody, shoot even Ice Capades but never in a million years would I have guessed......
"I should own a SEWING store!!" Um, Do what? "Yeah, Linds think about it I mean old ladies LOVE the Sladester. They would come out in droves to hang out with me and sew!" Wow...

Then Not 2 mintues later...
Slade, "Would you take a bullet for Knox?"
Me: "yes"
Me: "Would you?"
Slade: "Of Course!"
Me: "Would you take a bullet for me?"
Slade: "yep"
Slade: "would you take a bullet for me?"
Me: "No"
Slade: "WHAT!?!"
Me: "Well lets think about this, my body is much smaller than yours therefore my vital organs are much closer together, your organs have a lot more room to spread out thus the likelihood being smaller that you would actually die from a gunshot. Plus, you already said you would take a bullet for me so really I shouldn't have to take one for you if you come through on your end of the deal."

If that doesn't say love then I don't know what does :)

No comments:

Post a Comment