Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dear Nutella.......

Dear Nutella~
I hate to say this but the time has come when I think it is best that we change the nature of our relationship. We have been very close lately and your nutty taste and silky texture have been a great source comfort and joy in my life. You were a vital part of my sanity during my pregnancy and for that I thank you. However, I feel it is time that like my friend wedding cake, you are going to need to be a "special occasion" friend. We met during my days living in Italy and while I don't hold you completely responsible, you were a vital part of my 20+lb weight gain. I have loved you ever since but feel that at this time it's best if I cut you off. Slade has come to appreciate your chocolate-y goodness and in all honestly, it's just not a healthy relationship. I know, your commercial says you can be part of a "tasty balanced breakfast" but no one I know puts you on a piece of whole grain bread like the mom in the commercial...and while I do have you occasionally at breakfast, I don't stop there! Yes, you are made with skim milk and yes, I am sure in 1 tablespoon servings you are not "that bad." But in my many years as your friend, I have yet to only be able to have 1 tablespoon at a time. I am sorry dear friend, but I must let you go or I fear I will end up like this....
Much love,
Linds


2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I have developed an unhealthy relationship with Nutella as well, and I was seriously considering posting something about it this week! You beat me too it, but I still may have to do it in order to officially breakup with the addicting chocolatey hazelnutty skim milk goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahha. Never had it...and after this..not gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete