Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Couldn't make this stuff up if I tried....

You ever have one of those days where you look to the heavens and think, "REALLY!? Throw me a bone!!" Well, I do and one was two days ago. I had a dentist apt for the other side of my mouth to get a cavity filled. I had been the previous week to get my right side filled and I guess it was a doozy cause it hurt...dang pregnancy! {can cause cavities} Anywho, I was up all night because the cavity from the previous week was really hurting and my jaw was throbbing. I was going to skip the apt because the other side still hurt but after a week of pain I convinced myself that it would in fact not stop hurting without some dental intervention, so I decided to go to the apt. The appt goes fine but she has to work on both sides of my mouth so one side is completely numb and on the other my jaw is really tight. As I am leaving I realize that I need to run by the grocery really quickly to grab some things for Knox and dinner. As I am headed there, I go under the overpass and on the other side a motorcycle cop flashes his lights at me. For the life of me I STILL don't think I did anything wrong. He said I was speeding so we went through two stop lights and an overpass and THEN he stopped me?? But he insisted I was speeding....If I was speeding I would admit it, ok you got me! Think about when you don't feel good and have a really bad headache...do you turn into Jeff Gordon? um no. It's more of a dazed lazy drive. That was me. So he pulls me over and I roll down my window to ask him what I had done. Then it hit's me....the left side of my face is completely numb. At first he thought I was making fun of him of being a smart butt. I then had to explain in a VERY awkward manner that I had in fact just had dental work done. For some reason the numbness gave me a very strong lisp and I couldn't form my words very well. So here I am trying to tell him that I do think he is wrong and I was not sssssppppphhheeding but it's REALLY hard to plead your case when you sound like a 4 yr old. As I am listening him explain his "side of the story" I feel a slight tickle on my neck....you guessed it! I was drooling. Honestly, I would have been mortified if it wasn't so exasperating! By this point I decide that it would just be better to take it up with a judge when I can speak correctly then continue this masochistic behavior and just call it a day.
Next I run into the grocery store "really quick" and of course see about 10 people I know. It was a lot of me smiling at someone only to realize that only half my face was cooperating....awesome. Thus was followed by perplexed smiles on the part of the recipient.
When I get home I realize that my hair clip had shifted when I was getting my teeth worked on and my hair was down and the bottom was REALLY frizzy and the top was sticking out everywhere....So to everyone that saw me on Tues, yes I realize I did look like a complete lunatic with my crazy grin followed probably by drool and hair to rival Einstein! Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment