Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11...Why the Heck Not?

Happy New Year!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and holiday season! We were in Hereford for Christmas this year and Rizzle and SteveO did not disappoint! It was a wonderful Christmas spent with lots of family, fellowship, football and FOOD!

Christmas was spent with our family plus Slade's extended family. It was so great to get to have Christmas with Slade's Aunt Paulette and her husband Steve. Her son Brice, his wife Kristen and their ADORABLE kids Emma Kate and Easton. We also had Slade's other aunt Patti and of course the Matriarch..Sweet Meme. Knox got a big surprise because Paulette or "Boppy" to Knox gave him his first Cozy Coupe!! He loved riding in Caroline and Gracie's and is going to love his as soon as Mom and Dad get it assembled now that he's back ;)

After Christmas, Slade and I left Knox to hang with the grandparents and we headed back to the Falls and on to Dallas for a little R&R. Neither party..Knox nor his grandparents were one bit sad to see us go! We Northpark'd it and got some Christmas exchanges taken care of. We had leisurely meals without feeding a little person or answering "who's that?" forty seven times a minute. It was glorious! Slade promised me he would take me to see HP7 in IMAX but it wasn't on so we just went and saw at the regular movie theatre. We spent the night at the Four Seasons....which I have decided is going to be my "old folks home" later in life...the kids don't want to mess with me when I'm 70? That's cool, just stick me in a Four Seasons.
 NYE morning we spent in the Spa...heck of a way to start off a year! We had lunch at the Gaylord, where we saw ICE which was amazing. Basically they turn a tent into a huge refrigerator and have 20 Chinese Men come in and carve up 2 million lbs of ice. The theme this year was Charlie Brown Christmas and it was really quite astounding and COLD.

After ICE we went to a movie in Southlake and then back to the Falls. It was nice to not have a plan and not need to keep a schedule. Last NYE we had a fabulous dinner of Blizzards in the DQ parking lot with a screaming newborn in the backseat and me crying in the front seat because I couldn't believe how much my life had changed in one short year.  Not exactly the best way to start off a year. This year we didn't take a giant leap but we are definitely "movin' on up!" We ate NYE dinner at Chili's in Decatur, Texas. I figure by 2015 NYE there is no telling where we will be!

Today, we rang in the New Year doing exactly what we wanted to do.....picking up our bambino from his grandparents! We missed him! I swear, I can't believe how much he changes in just a few days when we're gone! I know he's mine, but he's just the cutest little toot I've ever seen!

Slade, Knox and I want to wish everyone a VERY happy 2011! We are excited to see what the Lord has in store for our family this year and we believe it's going to be our BEST year yet!! Our family motto for 2011 is, "WHY THE HECK NOT?" We are young, healthy and have so many blessings so instead of coasting through 2011 we are going to do all we can to make this our best year ever because....WHY THE HECK NOT??

Touching Rizzle's Christmas Tree with "one finger"

"I dunno Heather, ya think it's the alternator? My car just won't start"

Santa Coco and his elves

Knox's gift from Rizzle and SteveO

"Ok, so that monkey is gonna just POP OUT again??"

Christmas with my girl HH

Twins + Marshmallow Guns = bad for Steve-O

"I'm not going anywhere...just hangin' out!

Just waiting on some friends

"Seriously, Mom...go back there...I'm only going to be gone for a little bit!"

Chip and Christy annual fireplace pic

Happy Boy 
Family Photo....Knox is making sure that monkey doesn't pop out of the jack in the box and ruin our pic!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

He does this when he wants to walk quickly...maybe helps with balance?



Love having all this family around!

But not so sure about someone...

Chattin' with Emma Kate

Such a doll baby!

"Mom, SteveO and I are having some "boys time" here!"

"Sooo Cody, what were you saying about taking back my toys? Ha! I don't think so!"

"Guys, I'm just going to move my dump truck over here!"

Slade and I Christmas Morning
So sweet

"Why you guys talking about my gram-pa pajamas?!"

ICE...yep, it's all made of ice!

Slade with the Linus and Charlie Brown

Our borrowed parkas...Slade's fit...mine, not so much!

Me! In Snoopy's House!

Snoopy's dog house made of ice

more ice

ice tunnel....I don't know if he was trying to shiver or expecting a free kick in soccer

No comments:

Post a Comment