Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Matrimony in Mexico!

This past weekend Slade and I ditched the little guy and headed off to CABO! Not really, he stayed with Gan and Bebe while we did go down to Cabo for James and Madison's Wedding! It was a fun filled weekend with lots of friends and lots of sun. Cody, Christy, Thomas and Dad went down there with us so it was fun to have a large travel squad.

We get to the airport, sit down for a quick bite and the negotiations begin. I knew this was coming....this aint my first rodeo. Dad nonchalantly asks the boys if the might want to play golf in the morning. Funny thing, he acts like this is a brilliant idea that just popped into his head when in reality I know that he already has tee times booked. Again, not my first rodeo. Next come the negotiations...Dad says he will pay for Christy and I to get massages at the spa if the boys can go play golf. Have a nice time boys!

Christy and I started out day one in the spa. Not a bad way to start a vacation. Was kind of comical when they asked us if we wanted to go in the same room to get a couples massage....Yes, we have the same last name but no, we are not a couple! Sheesh!

That afternoon we spent at the beach! It was nice to just lay there, read a book and not worry about anyone other than myself! No baby to constantly watch or keep on schedule, no husband to entertain....greatness! Don't get me wrong, I love both of them tremendously, but well, a girl needs a break every now and then.

It's whale season in Cabo so every day we would see whales about half a mile-ish off shore. One day they were literally pulling a Shamu and jumping out of the water then crashing back down. It was like being at SeaWorld except way better. No freakishly deep tank, just the ocean.

Thursday night, Thomas, Slade and I went to have dinner at the One and Only Palmilla. It was absolutely amazing. It's a very "posh" (Thomas's word) hotel in Cabo and I wanted to check it out but the only way to get in the gates is if you are staying there or have a dinner reservation. We ate dinner at Market, one of the hotel restaurants, and all three of us couldn't believe how delicious the food was. It was like every course just got better and better. I would HIGHLY recommend making this a stop if you are ever in Cabo. Granted, it was a little pricy but we were on vacation and we all like food!

Friday, Dad decided to give James the "wedding present" of taking all the groomsmen to golf. I put this in quotes because I am pretty sure it was a present for himself as well. So again, off the boys went. Not to be deterred by their absence, Christy and I hit the beach. That night the rehearsal dinner was on the beach. It was fabulous...a bunch of white couches and tables set up on the beach. Nobody wore shoes, which was great except the sand was a little rocky so it was a bit like getting a really painful pedicure. My feet were completely exfoliated and then some at the end of the evening.

Saturday was the first day we had the boys all day! So we all went to the beach. The boys decided they were going to get in the ocean. This was funny to me because every single one of them underestimated the undertow and essentially got pummeled by these huge waves. Grown men thrown around like rag dolls. After their little bodies could no longer take it and the nice Mexican man put out the black "no swimming" flag, they moved on. Boys find weird stuff to do. Next, they buried Slade in the sand. I'm pretty sure Slade hated every minute of it, but he was a good sport. After that, someone got their hands on a football and a very interesting game of beach football broke out. Funny thing about beach football....little harder to run on sand and these boys are not the pinnacle of fitness. Needed a bit longer of a break after each down to catch their breath....or not pass out.

That evening while the sun was going down was the wedding and it was beautiful. Madison looked stunning and James was a very proud groom. The boys rocked their linen pants and shirts and everyone looked very "beach chic." The reception was held in a restaurant on the beach and it was a great time had by all.

All in all it was a great weekend. The whole peso vs. dollar thing got pretty interesting. How many college graduates does it take to figure out a bill in pesos? A lot. There is no telling what kind of tips these people got from us due to our lack of mathematical skills.

I didn't get a ton of pics but I got a few. I was busy....doing nothing.

Our Hotel

Thomas and I on the beach

Me and Slader

The One and Only Palmilla

Slade and I at The One and Only

My handsome men


Thomas and I at Market


Linds and Cuatro at the rehearsal dinner....they are next!

The Groom!

Cute boys

More cute boys

Hodges

Travel squad minus Dad

Good times

no telling what was being said....

Cuatro always full of smiles

boys playing sand volleyball

boys at sea

please note that Cody and Slade have the exact same expression on their faces


Slade getting buried

livin the dream....

boys and their handy work


boys on the beach

Madison and James on their wedding day!


double trouble

demonstrating the ears tucked in the hat look


Thomas and I at the pool


The Wedding

My favorite groomsman



Linds rockin a new look with the pajmina


The Lindsey's

Thomas and Linds


silly kids


Cute boys

The sign of a good party....Crawford in the pool

1 comment:

  1. Nice post and pics. To find a perfect life partner from Dheevara Matrimony, sign-up quickly on Matchfinder for 3 month free registration.

    ReplyDelete