Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rah, Rah, TCU!!


Today I am PROUD TO BE A HORNED FROG! We won the “Granddaddy of them all” the ROSE BOWL!! Sadly, after being at TWO Rose Bowl’s for UT, I was not there today…and I am very jealous of those who were!

With a father who played football at Texas, I was raised a Longhorn and with a husband who played football at Texas Tech, I married a Red Raider. Don’t get me wrong, I love being a multi-cultural fan but I’ll admit….it was FUN to have MY school in the big game!

Growing up, I was a Longhorn. Was the first song I was taught, “Jesus Loves Me?” No, it was not! It was “The Eyes of Texas.” As a 3yr old, I knew all about Gabriel blowing his horn. Since I dated Slade while he was playing at Tech I considered myself an “honorary Red Raider.” I mean please, his last season I was at EVERY game…even went to Nebraska on my birthday. Plus, I was a crucial part of the team during the 05’ season. How, you ask? I was usually responsible for dropping the QB, the backup QB, a receiver and whomever else off at football on Fridays before the game. That way they didn’t have their cars at the stadium. If I didn’t do my job well, then they wouldn’t get there, thus not playing and probably would have lost the game! See, I was crucial to their success!
With all my ties to other teams, I never got the thrill of MY school and MY team being the one everyone was rooting for…until today!!

The great thing about being a Horned Frog is that because we haven’t really been a force of nature of the football field, people really don’t have any strong opinions about us. Not like UT, A&M, OSU or OU in which people won’t root for or be happy for because of some asinine reason or decade long rivalry. It kind of felt like everyone, fans of all schools, were happy for TCU, Ft. Worth, and Texas in general. I am excited about the future as a TEXAS, TECH and HORNED FROG football fan! Let’s face it, with all three; my odds for “my team” winning are pretty good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment