Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Adventure!

It's me Knox and I had a big day today...that's the great thing about being one... everything is pretty much an adventure! I discovered something that is truly magical. Mom and Grandad to me to Market Street for lunch. This is no biggie as I have been eating here since I was a wee one. What I just discovered today is this A-Mazing thing thats in the same building....a Grocery Store!! Why have I never been introduced to this glorious place?

I got a little antsy sitting in my seat so Grandad let me out, then he just let me go. I started walking and first I discovered a jungle. There were flowers, plants,  and just colors EVERYWHERE. They also have giant refrigerators with even more flowers in them! I was mystified.

Next I made my way to my new favorite part of the store. It had all these really colorful cakes and little bitty cakes on a table...but that wasn't the draw. Attached to the cake table were giant, shiny, colorful BALLOONS. I'm not going to lie, they were amazing. Floating every which way..I could barely keep up, but I tried. See, my girl Dora was on one of the balloons so I just talked and talked to her but she kept moving so I had to run around the table to keep looking at her.

Next, Grandad took me into the big part of the store. Did I let the people and checkout lines deter my navigational skills? Absolutely not! I just made my way right through the people checking out. Mom kinda freaked a bit as I sauntered behind one of the checkout ladies and through to the rest of the store.
There are TONS of things to look at! I just ran up and down the aisles and the next one was just as great as the previous one! I made bunches of new friends cause everyone wanted to talk to me. Course I obliged!

Mom was pretty great in that she just kind of let me go and explore...until the end. I saw the case with turkey in it. I love me some turkey. Behind that case there was a GIANT shiny metal thing. Some lady was sticking the turkey on it then moving it back and forth. I mean, please, I can totally do that! I decided to walk back there and try. That's when Mom grabbed me. I did my best to throw a fit and I got a good 30 seconds in before Mom just shut me down. She's not a fan of public displays of attitude.

I think I might have discovered my new favorite place...too bad Mom will probably never take me again since she is completely and utterly exhausted from chasing me around.

No comments:

Post a Comment