Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve....


Merry Christmas Eve! Hope Santa brings everyone exactly what they want for Christmas. We headed to Hereford last Wed. to spend Christmas with the Hodges. I was ready to get here after being sick for a week and have someone help take care of the bambino.

Knox has not exactly adjusted well to travel this time around. I don’t know if it’s because his ear still hurts or he’s teething or what but the kid won’t sleep! No naps, not at nighttime…nada. We head to church this evening and I won’t lie, I was a little apprehensive since he hasn't exactly been jolly today. Plus, it was the first time I have taken him in the sanctuary with us. He did okay at the beginning because there were lots of people to meet and lots to see BUT after the songs and during the prayer he started to get fussy. I think okay, I’ll just sneak out while everyone has their heads bowed. Knox and I get up and as we are walking out the door Knox yells, “BYE BYE” to everyone in the sanctuary. I almost tripped when I hit the door because I was laughing so hard. I mean what can ya do?

When we get into the hall he sees someone and says, "who's that?" really loudly about 17 times until I could get him out of earshot of the sanctuary. We probably won't be invited back next year but I figure it's Jesus's birthday and I feel sure he has a sense of humor! 

No comments:

Post a Comment