Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A day in the life....

I love my husband but I swear that man is gonna drive me batty! I recently got a haircut and cut shorter bangs...I'll admit, they are not my best look. Oh well. So I asked Slade if he liked them to which I got the,"um..yeah..sure" response. Jerk. So last night I take a shower and then before I can dry my hair, I have to tend to Knox so I just let it dry naturally. Didn't even get to brush it out. I think nothing of this...until....my dear sweet husband walks in the kitchen and says, "Hey Joe Dirt, where's Knox's bottle?While you are business in the front, we are having a party in the back" The thing about it is that he says it so conversationally and then walks out that I didn't even catch it until I hear him chuckling. He thinks he's pretty funny. I ignore him..because that's what you do to a bully. So because I ignored it last night, he has been calling me Joe Dirt all day....I think I might punch him if he says it again.

So how do I repay my dear sweet husband? Last night in bed I tell him that he needs a Biore Pore Strip across his nose and it will just make his skin look radiant. He reluctantly agrees, I think he was so tired he didn't realize exactly what he was agreeing to. So I get his nose wet and then stick it on there. When the 15 minutes is up I tell him, "oh just rip it off, like a bandaid." The thing about these is that they get really hard and REALLY stick to you so it's usually better to go slower I think. But not Slader, he just rips it off...then looks at me like, WHAT THE HECK?? OUCH!! I just smile and roll over....hahah SUCKA! Teach him to call me names again.

Also, we are "gerbil-sitting" for Preston Stephan and if you ever want someone to pet-sit for you, give them a gerbil...easiest ever. I took Knox in there so he could see Chocolate (the gerbil) and he is very perplexed by this little creature. He just looks at me like, "what is THAT thing?" This got Slade and I talking about what animals we would allow Knox to have one day. I say ABSOLUTELY no reptiles. I am deathly afraid of snakes. Wouldn't be able to sleep in my own home...He can totally have a gerbil, hampster or whatever. Those don't bother me.

What does Slade say that Knox can absolutely NOT have.....a KITTEN! What?
"Yeah, Linds I mean think about it they have those icky whiskers and beady little eyes....uggh!" So after almost 7 yrs together I learn something new about my husband...he is scared of kittens....interesting.
He then went on to inform me that if I got Knox a kitten he would get him a snake...I would call that a push.

Such a fascinating life I lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment