Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

relational low...

Tonight I realized what 6 years together does to a couple....Slade and I had a date night after he had been out of town for 4 days. We were sitting at Pasqual when I told Slade how earlier in the day I was cleaning out my "inbox" and ran across some old emails. These were just random stuff but one of them was kind of rude (not from him) and it made me mad all over again. So I am thinking he is milling this over and is going to say something sweet about the context of the email and make me feel better when suddenly he busts out with..."ya know, that could be a song! Cleaning out my inbox!!!" I had no words....
So he then precedes to come up with a "backstory" for his new song "Cleaning out my inbox" and how it could be a country tune or you could beatbox and make it a little rap...ha get it? beatbox to inbox? Literally a good 30 minutes of my date night consisted of making up bogus lyrics to what might be the dumbest song ever. I tried valiantly to express that songs with the use of the word "inbox" in the title might not be so catchy. However, he then defeated this idea by putting a tune to it and I have had this dang song in my head for almost 2 hrs now!!
Just a little glimpse into what it's like being married to Slade Hodges.

No comments:

Post a Comment