Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Adventures in Pediatrics

So I am at the dr office with Knox because he has a little rash. It is amazing how God can use small things to put us in our place. I have been in a bit of a funk lately with the weather and just my loss of freedom since I am now a parent. So as we sit down there is a little boy maybe 6ish who is in a wheelchair and seems to have cerebral palsy or something. There is also a 4-5 month old who is mentally retarded, but sooo cute and a HAPPY lil thing. Looking at these little boys breaks my heart and made me realize how BLESSED I am to have my little chunky monkey! He hasn't made a peep and is just taking it all in. It kind of feels like God just slapped me in the face with the realization that things could have been REALLY different.

On a little funnier note, sitting next to me are 7 yr old twin girls who are adorable. They just realized that in their school play they have to play the part of Presidents who are ... BOYS, the ickiest creatures on earth. Direct quote, "mom I don't think I can do this! Why oh why would they make us be boys, they are the worst things on the planet. This is not what I agreed to and why couldn't some of the Presidents be girls? We are better anyway!" I couldn't help it I just cracked up. After listening for a while I told the mom that she should be a lawyer, she has great arguments for 7 yrs old! They are currently in negotiations with their mom about what they would get if they just do it and don't complain once. The other twin has negotiated a book for each ad then one to share... Law school anyone?

I hate being at the Pediatricans office... I feel I should shower in anti bacterial when I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment