Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Parental Pride....

I am gonna brag a little bit. I am just letting you, dear reader, know this up front AND that I am fully aware that I am doing it. But I figure it's got to be one of the greater perks of parenting! Plus, it's my blog and I'm in charge of the content! HA!

(side note: so I just typed this paragraph above and I have the Today show on in the background. NO LIE...as soon as I hit the exclamation of the last paragraph, Natalie Morales says, "are social networking sites such as facebook and blogs causing Narcissism?" I laughed out loud. However, I do think this is a very interesting debate.)

So yesterday Gan and I went to lunch with Knox. He of course was his charming yet hungry self so pretty much the meal consisted of me trying to get him to feed himself and HE DID! I was so proud as this has been a bit of a battle in my household. I mean I am not going to 1st grade with this kid to feed him lunch... so he needs to learn sometime!

Anywho,  towards the end of the meal a gentleman comes over and tells me that he and his wife were dreading it when we walked in with a baby because they had their last few meals with a small child around and it was miserable. He said he just wanted to come over and tell us that he was so impressed with our little one because he was SO well behaved and interacted without being so loud. Up until this point I didn't think there was a compliment that felt better than when someone says, "have you lost weight?" but turns out ...there is!

Next a table of ladies got up from their luncheon and almost every one came over to say how adorable and WELL BEHAVED Knox was. Gan and I were beaming!

Now in full disclosure, I don't feel I can take total credit for this because honestly some of it is just his personality. However, since we all know how easy going and laid back I am, I totally think he got this from me :)

Towards the end of the meal he did start to get a little restless so being the superb mother I am, I stuffed crackers in his mouth. At least if he was going to be noisy it would be muffled. I mean c'mon, I wasn't gonna lose our adoring public!

I swear sometimes it baffles me how I can adore someone so much, but I DO!!
(yes, I adore Slade but it's different)

No comments:

Post a Comment