Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Miss Me? Knox's Holiday update

It's me Knox and boy do I have A LOT to tell you. My mom has been on the injured reserve list because "someone" might be a little heavy and she got Mommy Thumb. So, I haven't been able to dictate to her. I have been a wreck, jotting down things on diapers, papers, or anything I could find so I could remember to tell Mom when she was better.

Mom got a Cortisone shot on Friday and I'm pretty sure it hurt. She said it kinda felt like someone was grinding into the bone in her hand but after having the worse child birth known to man, it was a cake walk. However, they killed her hand for a day!! I am pretty much a Dr. after hearing Mom talk about it and my experience watching Grey's Anatomy. So I'll tell ya how it went down. They gave her what I am pretty sure is called thumbing medicine (ya, know cause it was her thumb) and it killed her hand but just for 4-6 hrs. Basically it was like when they "thumb" your lip at the dentist but it was from her fingers to her forearm. Pretty much she was working with one injured hand and one limp noodle. Made things for me a bit more challenging! I had to crawl behind her like a puppy because she couldn't really pick me up! The next day her thumbing medicine wore off and oh boy, it was bad. It was really sore and Mom was miserable...so after lunch I got out of dodge and hung with Dad.

Okay, so on to ME! I have BIG news but I told Mom she couldn't tell y'all before I could. I AM WALKING!!! Watch out world because there is no stopping me now. I can't go super long distances yet but I can make it across a room. Sometimes I still drop down to crawl because let's face it, I'm a super speedy crawler and I got lots of places to go.

*UPDATE... So as Mom was typing for me, I decided to just show her what I meant and took off. I decided to go find Sonia in the laundry room and left Mom with her jaw on the floor. Ha! You should have seen her face!

I also have discovered these super fun things in the kitchen that pull out or some you just pull and they open! They have so much stuff in them!! Mom is not really a fan but I just love taking everything out and then putting it back, or not. Sometimes I get really "helpful" and put it back where I think it should go. I also really like to "organize" Mom's closet. I take all the clothes out of all the drawers and then put them in all different drawers. Next, I pull down all the hanging clothes and just leave them in a pile. It makes a big soft, colorful pile...much better.

Since it's Christmastime, Mom moved the tree into the den and it's magnificent. Now it glows!! Mom hits this little button and the tree glows...AMAZING! Mom went a little skimpy on the decorations because she got burned out decorating it all year but we do have some shiny balls with GLITTER on them. I LOVE anything shiny. However, since I am only 13 months old, Mom only lets me touch it with one finger. So I stand there and touch it back and forth with both my pointer fingers. I can touch any of the ornaments as long as I only use one finger. Mom and I are very diplomatic...we compromise.

On to even bigger news....yesterday, I MET SANTA!!! Yep, the big guy with the beard in the red suit...we are like "buds" now. I won't lie, at first I was a little suspect. Throw me a bone, Grandad was about to put me in the lap of some dude in a giant red suit with REALLY LONG, WHITE hair on his face! The longest face hair I have seen in my 13+ months here on earth is Uncle Chips and Chip doesn't hold a candle to this dude. Plus, Chip's is only white in one little spot :) ... the rest is brown.

The reason I know I am in good with Senor Claus is because I got to have one Christmas EARLY! Yep, met him yesterday and had Christmas last night. Coincidence? I think not! I told him I was going to be in Hereford this year and I was afraid he wouldn't find me. He told me that of course he would find me but since Bebe and Grandad were leaving town on Tuesday until after New Years, he would pull a few strings. Thus, Christmas last night.

Bebe and Grandad gave me lots of fun stuff! I finally got my own Piano!! Gan has taught me to play the piano and whenever I am at her house or at Bebe's I HAVE to go strait to the piano and play. So now, I have my own! I play and dance. I also got a tool bench but mine is way cooler than Dad's. Mine lights up and plays music...sorry Dad but your's does not!

Anywho, that's all I've got time for because I am about to rock Mom's world cause I am ON THE MOVE...ALL THE TIME!

Turns out Mom knows Santa too...she said sometimes she "consults" for the North Pole. 

My Christmas outfit

I love me some red shoes

Uncle Thomas showing me the horses before the carriage ride

Uncle Thomas, Daddy and Me....it was quite chilly.

Gracie was ready for the ride!
Gracie's life lessons...



Oh my gosh, it's one of those things Daddy loves!

I totally think I got this down


Bebe teaching me more piano

Guess I am going to have to get used to the paparazzi sooner of later...


SO Excited to show Caroline my new mad piano skills!

MY VERY OWN PIANO!!





Here is me walking today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment