Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Zumba Effect

I have come to a scientific conclusion...it's based on one case study so I am sure it's super accurate. This explosive scientific revelation is that I believe that doing Zumba for 8 months of your pregnancy makes your child want to dance ALL THE TIME! It's nuts, I've never seen anything like it. Knox dances in his car seat, his highchair, his crib, while standing, while sitting and even when you hold him. He doesn't even need music. I walked in on him this morning dancing in his highchair to silence. If he feels like it he will hum a tune to give him a little beat. Then kid even danced to Silent Night....not exactly a bumpin' song.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great...I love to dance as much the next guy. I just think it's
 HI-LARIOUS! We may or may not have around 10-12 mini dance parties throughout the day. My favorite is something that I can only conclude he got from being in my belly during Zumba. It's a bit of a "booty roll." Think Beyonce but a lot smaller, male, white and only four teeth. He basically is standing, bends over and sticks his booty out and "shakes it all about."

I am also partially to blame for this. Yesterday, I am in the car with Knox and R Kelly's "The World's Greatest" comes on. This just happens to be one of mine and Knox's favorite dance songs because "we" made up motions for him. {I also partially blame Sarah Wilkinson for this as it was with her that we made a whole "car dance" to Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" on a road trip to A&M. That's where I got the idea.} Anywho, he is in the backseat doing his thing and I am driving dancing with him. We stop at a light and that's when Mom can turn around for an above mentioned mini dance party. I start singing to him and doing what I can only imagine looks completely ridiculous to the gentleman in the car next to me who I look up to notice he has witnessed most of "our" dance party. Naturally, I look to the other side coming to the realization that the two high school girls to my left have also seen this. I start laughing, smile and point to the back seat with my thumb to indicate there is baby back there. Then it dawns on me....my windows are so tinted that they probably can't see him. Now I just look like even more of a deranged nut doing some type of "Brady-esque" thumb move at them. In what I can only attribute to God throwing me bone to spare me more people questioning my sanity, the light suddenly turned green and I got to hastily make my getaway. Knox is none the wiser so he starts laughing because I am...this makes me laugh harder.. so the rest of our drive consists of TWO deranged nuts giggling all the way home.

So if you want your kid to be a dancer then I suggest Zumba-ing while pregnant. If you want people to think you are completely certifiable..just hang with me for a while.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous that Parker isn't dancing yet - he loves it when I sing him some old OHS numbers, but he won't shake his thang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! props to you for Zumbaing! I just couldn't do it.. I miss it now and can't wait to start back!

    ReplyDelete