Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

London...Day 5

Day 5 started with Bets and Annie taking off for Scotland. We were sad to see them go but happy for Bets that she got to travel to Scotland.

Sadly for Bets, Day 5 might have been one of my favorite days. We started out with a little shopping spree to Topshop and Zara. They are British stores that I fell in love with when I lived in Italy. Next, we went to lunch at one of my favorite places we ate. That's saying quite a bit since we spent A LOT of time in restaurants. It was the OXO Tower Restaurant. Granted, when we pulled up.. I was pretty sure our driver was taking us somewhere to kill us. It was in a very industrial area that apparently is up and coming but the facade did not match it's reputation.

We ate on an awesome patio overlooking the Thames. It had really cool grass flooring and we all know how I love grass, so I was highly impressed. The food was amazing and the atmosphere even better.

After lunch we went to Notting Hill and since it was a Saturday, the market was going on. Portobello Road is packed on Saturday! There was so much cool stuff to see and it was actually the first time we could afford to shop since it was street vendor prices.

After a day of shopping it was time to eat. Shocking, I know. However, we had about an hour before we were supposed to be at dinner and Hallie and I decided that we could not possibly eat one more thing without some exercise, so we went to the park behind our hotel and walked all the way to Buckingham Palace...took some pics and just moved our legs! On our way home there was a party going on at St. James Palace (Charles and Camilla's house) so naturally I poked my little head through the gate desperately trying to see a Royal but to no avail....Where are you Will and Kate?!! Pippa?!?..... Bummer.

We had dinner just around the corner from our hotel at The Wolseley. The restaurant and the atmosphere were both great but that was not the highlight of the evening. Right after we walked in, Anna Ferris and her publicist walked in behind us. She is one of Hallie's favorite actresses, so we really wanted a pic with her. She walked outside and like the three stooges...Hallie , SJ and I followed her out. We asked for the pic and she could not have been more lovely or gracious. We chatted for about 10 minutes and I'm pretty sure she wanted to be our new best friend.

After dinner, we had to do what we absolutely did not want to.....pack to go home. It was such a wonderful vacation and while I missed my boys, I was sad for it to end. We woke up at 4am the next morning to hop our flight and then slept the whole way home.

OXO Tower

Great view...Great food.


St. James Park....I wanna sit out there. 


little shocked when I walked in and it was covered in dirty magazines...eek!


Knox's future home...if Will and Kate have a girl...


Will? Kate? Where are you?

Headed to Dinner

Anna Ferris!

No comments:

Post a Comment