Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

London...Day 3

Day three across the pond might have been our busiest yet...

We started out the day without Nonnie. Ray took the girls to go ride the London Eye. It was actually pretty amazing. It's a great way to get a visual reference of the city and where everything is in relation to each other. It moves super slow so this was not your average ferris wheel. But it was neat and so glad we did it once.

Next we stopped at a building that I have no idea what it was...but it's important. I knew it because it was the building that all the Royal Wedding procession drove through on the way to and from Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey.

We picked up Non and headed to our first official outing of the day...Buckingham Palace. I was super excited about this as we had tickets to be able to go inside the palace. We got to see all the state rooms where the Queen recieves anyone on official business, Presidents, well...anyone really. Best of all, the tour was culminated with a viewing of Kate's wedding dress. Also, her earrings, shoes and wedding cake. It was cool to see where the receptions were held and photos we all recognized were taken.

After the tour you exit through the back garden which is where the Queen hosts her garden parties...let's just say, she has a REALLY nice backyard.

After the Palace we went to lunch and I'm sure it was somewhere fabulous but for the life of me I can't remember right now...

After a brief break, we had tea at the Ritz. It was lovely. The have the best scones I have ever had and the tea was amazing. The bring you not only tea but a three tiered service platter with sandwiches, scones and sweets on top. Supposedly, you are supposed you have your tea and eat the goodies from bottom to top. Not me. First off, they gave us EACH eight mini sandwiches...that's almost two whole sandwiches PER PERSON...for a snack. A bit much, eh?

I started with the sweets on top because they were begging me to try them. This brought a few looks from the tables around us. Really people, I am never going to see you again in my life, let the girl enjoy a little chocolate instead of the sandwich surprise below.

After tea we went to meet Hallie's friends Caroline and Caroline (who are both living in London) for dinner and to celebrate Hallie's birthday. We went to C London (formerly Cipriani) and it was delish. I honestly wish I would have been a tad hungrier, but worry not, I persevered and ate as much as my tummy would hold. It was so great to meet the Caroline's and hear about their adventures thus far.

Hallie and I on London Eye



Building Will and Kate drove though on wedding day




she's silly


they crack me up

Nonnie and the girls at Buckingham Palace


The Queen's backyard

not bad


view from London Eye

Tea at the Ritz

Notice the plethora of sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment