Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

All I've got is time...

Someone asked me the other day, "why don't you blog as much anymore?" 

Two words: Knox and Briggs. 

Those days of Knox napping and Mommy blogging are long gone my friends. Like now, as in literally at THIS moment...both boys are napping. However, Knox is actually in his room singing at the top of his lungs and saying to me, "Mom! Come in here, I need to pray for you!" "Mom, come in here! I need to tell you what I'm going to get you for your birthday!" not to mention singing "Simon Says" and follows with "HERE WE GO GUYS!" before each new song. 

Briggs...oh sweet Briggs...he got off schedule this morning so he's alternating between whining and talking and yelling, "mama" and "dada." 

So a nice peaceful afternoon to blog about the goings on in our life...absolutely. 

When they are "awake" its not the peaceful Norman Rockwell you are picturing with us all laughing and baking cookies. Nope. It's basically me saying, "No! Briggs" as he tries to electrocute himself, dump all of my kitchen drawers contents on the floor, put the remote in the potty, stir the potty with his arm or walk out the front door. I have to monitor all of that while avoiding the football that is thrown in my direction at least 200+ times a day. I would guess that I rival any NFL quarterback in how many snaps per day I take. 

Oh, did I mention Briggs is the 1% of kids who got the ACTUAL chicken pox from the vaccine? So yeah, that happened too. Oh! I almost forgot, he also go a vomit virus because his immune system was so depleted from the chicken pox. Oh! AND he got kicked out of school until all of his pox have scabbed over even AFTER I had TWO different doctors clear him and one send a note. 

So why don't I blog as much anymore? Getting lazy in my old age, I guess.

But just about the time I think I am going to lose it.....

Knox yells at me, "Mom! I need to get up! Alex is going to call me!" Ok. This piques my curiosity so I just went in there. I ask him who Alex is and he proceeds to tell me that Alex is his brother who is 13, in first grade and lives in New York City. I literally have NO idea where this came from and all I can think is whoa, Alex must not be too bright if he is 13 and in first grade. I ask who his parents are and Knox tells me they live in College Station. Hmmm, not sure how this is his brother then....unless he knows something about Slade that I don't. 

These are the types of things that happen everyday being Knox and Briggs mom, so while I would love to blog all the time, right now I need to learn all I can about Knox's other family....

No comments:

Post a Comment