Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April...the busiest month ever...

Holy Moly April....you are kicking my booty. This baby growing thing has been a tad more challenging this time around in that I have been quite sick..oh and I am raising a 2 1/2 yr old.

It all started with the Hodges coming in for SteveO's birthday. It was great to all get together and Knox didn't hate being the center of attention for all his family. Shocking, I know. The following Tuesday, Brooke and I took our Roberto Mantellassi to UPPA Market in Dallas for two days.

 The following weekend was EASTER. We had a great Easter and I am happy to report that all the egg hunting practice was well worth it. We took Knox to the Country Club Easter Egg hunt and Bebe and Grandad joined us. Knox got ton's of eggs...I don't know who was happier, Knox or Grandad. He also got to meet the Easter bunny! This was very exciting for Knox. He wasn't sure at first but they were fast friends. It was slightly awkward when he told the Easter bunny who had a bit of a belly on him, "oh I see your baby!" and pointed at his stomach. Oops.

Easter Sunday we went to church and Knox was very excited to go down front with all the kids for children's church. Slade and I sat and watched and that's when things started to go south. He wouldn't go over with all the kids and he looked like he was concentrating...really hard. Turns out he was...on going number two. Awesome. My kid just took a poo in the front of the sanctuary on Easter Sunday. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? Since there was a little leakage, we had to cut out of church right after that. Needless to say, we were on time for lunch!

The week following Easter we had Cattle Barrons. Brooke and I did all the decor and it was no small task. Our theme was "Road to a Cure" so we used old trucks and a "road trip" theme for decor. Turning an Ag barn into a western wonderland is not as easy as one might think. Cody and Christy were wonderful enough to take Knox off my hands from Wed-Sun so it was great that I knew he was having tons of fun and not being neglected by his mother! Don't have a ton of pics yet but Brooke has a lot, so ill add more later.

Today my W show started.. so yes, April you are kicking my butt. If I can make it to next Thurs we leave for Pebble Beach to celebrate Dad's 60th!! This lil mamma is ready for a va-kay!

Easter Sunday...always a little time for Golf

Never one to let his mowing duties go by the wayside..

hunting eggs at the club...poor baby his allergies make him look like Rocky..after a fight

Look Grandad!! They had to go over all their loot


CATTLE BARRONS 2012

lounge area


entrance to food room and live auction items

bid board

stars of hope

lounge

flowers for bar...compliments of Lindsey, Brooke and friends


hand ties for Barron tables...


Back Porch Bar




Martini and Margarita Bars


view from entrance..please notice the "road"


No comments:

Post a Comment