Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

You can never be too prepared...

I love that Knox and Gan are best friends. It is one of those amazingly precious relationships that I know he will always cherish and I think it's so great that my grandmother and my son have gotten to form such a special bond. Basically, she spoils him ROTTEN. He has her undivided attention from the moment he arrives until the moment he leaves. It's definitely mutual adoration.

However, they are quite a strange duo. They have their inside jokes, when they are not together they talk on the phone (sometimes really and sometimes in his imagination), they have dance parties, he loves to help her with laundry, there is a whole myriad of things that "Nan Nan" lets him do or does with him that I am either to tired/ don't have time to do or just don't have the imagination. Wednesday's activity literally made me laugh out loud when I walked in.

We Isbell's are nothing if not a little competitive. When I got to Gan's house I found Knox waiting in the kitchen with an empty Easter basket... Gan was in the bedroom with the door shut... okay, kind of strange, but whatever. Turns out, she was hiding Easter eggs. Oh yes, they were practicing hunting Easter eggs! She would make him wait, hide the eggs, then he'd go find them. Last year at his Easter egg hunt he basically just stood there because he had no idea what was going on. Not this year! It's March and Gan has him in training.

I will have to let the Easter bunny know that this year we may need to up the anti as Knox has been preparing for over a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment