Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Little Blip

We had a little blip this past weekend. I thought I might be having contractions but wasn't sure because I have never had them before! Also, I thought it could just be gas, it wasn't..oops! After a day and a half I decided to call the Dr and went into labor and delivery. Turns out I was contracting and was slighty dilated. Moral of the story is even if you feel like a total weenie, it's better to be safe than sorry. I got to spend a glorious night in the new facilities at United Regional and am happy to report that it is a very nice new hospital except there is horrible cell reception. The nursing staff couldn't be nicer and the food was decent. However, they do have a brownie cupcake thing and it was delish. I did get the pleasure of walking by a room at the exact moment a woman was in labor and needless to say the screaming and explecitives indicated that her pain was not being well managed. JUST what you want to hear before you have your first child!! Slade and I just stood there in shell shock and I'm not sure he has recovered just yet.

We got the contractions stopped and everything is fine for now, I just might need to take it a little easier :) It's a little early for baby H to make an apperance. I do feel a lot like Violet from Willy Wonka when she blows up like a blueberry after about 5 bags of fluid and tons of water. Slade was the perfect husband and stayed with me the whole time except for the occasional errand I needed him to run. A special thanks to Beth and Mom for coming to babysit me when he had to be out. We got home last night and THANKFULLY I don't have to be on bedrest if everything stays as it should. They gave baby and I a fabulous little pill called Ambian and last night I had the best night of sleep I have since January!

Thanks to everyone for the prayers, emails, calls and texts!

No comments:

Post a Comment