Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Baby Bubbles is here!

Briggs Bolin Hodges was born last Tuesday at 1:30 am. He was 5 weeks early but weighed 7lbs 4 oz and was 20 in long! So needless to say he really was a baby giant!

The day started out with me feeling pretty ugh and so Knox went over to play with Gan. I stopped by my parents and while talking to them in the kitchen felt like I may have tinkled myself. Turns out it was not tickle and I was leaking amniotic fluid. I wasn't as freaked out as I would have been, him being 35 weeks, but I knew he was already weighing 7lbs. I headed to Mandy's office to check out the situation and sure enough she told me to go to the hospital because we were having a baby that day.

My husband did not take this news as smoothly as some might expect. Cool, Calm and Collected...umm not so much. He was running around like a crazy person...I think he changed shirts 3 times, didn't remember to bring anything he might need to the hospital and got in to the car to go to the hospital with NO SHIRT ON. Ummm, Slade...pretty sure it may be a "No Shoes, No Shirt- No Service" type of deal...

Thankfully, my epidural worked this time so labor was MUCH different and MUCH better! Knox got to come to the hospital and Slade ordered him some little scrubs that has his name on them so he was, "Dr. Knox" and would only answer as such. As you can imagine after being there almost a week, "Dr. Knox" had quite the fan club. He kept telling me, "Mom I textin Mandy." I would ask him why and his response, "well we both are Doctors..we both have skubs" (Scrubs)

He was also thrilled because Bebe & Grandad, Bob, Dodo & Dede, Heather, Thomas, and Gan were all up at the hospital so it was pretty much like a party for Knox.

Briggs had to stay in the NICU for a few days to develop his little lungs and basically just cook a little longer...but he got to bust out on Friday and come home! We are already SO in love with him and Knox is beyond thrilled to have a little brother...he loves patting him and telling him he loves him. It's really sweet.

Snapped a quick pic to show how HUGE I was before we left for the hospital.


lets do this!

Dr. Knox is SO excited!

a little nervous about all that's going on

so happy to be a big brother!

My first time to hold Baby Briggs


Daddy gets to hold Briggs



loving on my little man

Briggs already loves Grandad



baby Briggs first picture with no feeding tube or CPAP

in his little incubator in the NICU

Knox checking in on his brother


wanted to "pat" him

loved his "Big Brother" button he got

making sure everything looks right

he's already so in love!


holding hands

We got to bring him to our room for a visit!

Knox was thrilled


first pic as a family of four

wait...you mean I'm stuck with these people?

loving on my first born

Grandad was pooped...Knox was faking


Bob and Briggs...Knox had already lost interest

Well...maybe not


first brothers pic...Neither looks too sure about this

it's love

Grandmothers and the boys....Bob, Knox, Bebe and Briggs

Gan and her new bff

daddy loving on baby briggs


Baby Briggs and Daddy






Daddy and his boys!

Headed Home!




No comments:

Post a Comment