Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

C.L.E.A.N.



Clean you ask? Well, it is an amazing 21 day program/cleanse that I have plunged into. I am 11 days in and so far so good! I decided to blog about this 11 days in for two reasons. First, if I couldn't do it, then I didn't need all you fine people knowing that. Second, I now need all you fine people to know so I don't quit. Oh, the irony.

I was reading an article when I came across The Clean Program  developed by Cardiologist Dr. Alejandro Junger. When I went through the checklist to determine if I was "toxic" or not, I was amazed at just how toxic I might actually be. Here is an excerpt...


When our systems are overtaxed, they begin to break down in a multitude of ways. Allergies, headaches, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, fatigue, weight gain and insomnia are just a few of the symptoms that can result. The majority of these common ailments are the direct result of toxin build-up in our systems that has accumulated during the course of our daily lives.

I hadn't been feeling good for a while, was diagnosed with B12 deficiency as well as some random skin disease....all at the ripe old age of 28. This did not bode well for the rest of my years. Not to mention, I was ALWAYS tired. Not, I have a two year old tired but want to sleep ALL the time tired.

I found the Clean Program and thought what could it hurt? I wanted to do something so I wouldn't be the "tired, boring one" on my London trip with Nonnie and the cousins. I am currently on day 11 and I feel tons better! However, in full disclosure, this has NOT been a cake walk. Ahhh Cake! Focus..okay. The first three days I thought I was going to die. I had the worst headache of my entire life. Major withdrawals from caffeine and sugar. It took me about 5-7 days to not feel puny. I have read tons of reviews from people who had no issues and/or hunger. These people must be robots or liars. I'm on day 11 and I'm pretty consistently hungry. Not sure what that says about me.

However, I really have started to feel better. I have more energy. No, there is not a chorus of angles singing when I pop out of bed and sprint to the shower but I actually am able to GET out of bed. I have lots more energy especially in the evenings. The weight loss hasn't been as significant as I hoped but maybe I had unrealistic expectations. I can say I have done this to the best of my ability and knowledge while living a pseudo normal life. Yes, I could completely immerse myself in this and follow this to the letter but well, I have a kid and a husband...oh, and hunger pains.

I will update when I have completed the whole program...

No comments:

Post a Comment