Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Skeerdians Reunite!

What a crazy weekend! This little mamma is officially exhausted! All of the Aint Skeerdians (my childhood girlfriends ...we named our "gang" ....it's ridiculous yet fitting) came in town to celebrate marriage and babies.

It started Wed with Amy Jo getting in town. Since she is a chef of a yacht we don't get to see her all that often, so it was a highly anticipated arrival. Thursday night we go out for a girls dinner and Sarah and Barry get in town. We haven't gotten to all be together since February when we all traveled to Austin because Barry was diagnosed with a brain tumor and was having surgery. So them coming in town was not only great because we hadn't seen them but also such an amazing blessing because he is totally fine! A medical marvel, if you will. He is one tough cookie...had his scull cracked open a few short months ago and you wouldn't even know it by looking at him. I was especially thrilled because they stayed with us so I got lots of time with them!

Friday we woke up and it took Knox about 10 minutes to warm up to our  house guest....that's pretty quick for him. After that he decided he and Barry were going to be best friends. Poor Barry had a 20 month old following him around all weekend. Sarah had to help Adele with the baby shower so he was a great sport to go to the grocery store with Knox and I, and basically live a "day in the life" of Linds. Super exhilarating, I know.

Friday night we had everyone over for dinner and Knox was beyond thrilled to have all these people over to play!! Uncle Thomas came in town so that made it even better.

Saturday we had a baby shower for Mary and Mary Alice. Funny thing, they are due a month apart and they were born on the same day 28 yrs ago. It was fun to see them and their super cute baby bumps.

Saturday night was a shower for Adele and John who are getting married Oct. 1. It started out as a totally normal shower. However, with this crew...things can go array very quickly. We wanted to stand on a ledge in the pool to have a pretty background for our group photo....essentially, not the greatest of ideas.

Most of us all have known each other since Kindergarden..the rest not long after. We have also known John Barnard since kindergarden so it wasn't shocking that as we are standing with our best pic poses, he cannon ball's (fully clothed) in the pool directly in front of us to drench us. Some things SERIOUSLY never change.

I took this as a much needed opening to spice this party up a little bit. I was already soaked so I chose Julie as my target because I knew she was the least likely to be mad at me. It took all my strength and own body momentum to pull her in the pool but I did it! I may be small but I'm scrappy.

Next, Adele pushed Amy in and then totally pulled the "it's my shower and my future in-laws are here" card to avoid retaliation....or so she thought.

The three of us then just got out and basically manhandled the others into the pool. Some took it better than others...however, I think they secretly wanted us to because it was hot outside and we were having lots of fun. The husbands were NO help...they didn't want any part of that...smart probably.

We all get out of the pool and are sitting in towels at the table when Adele finally ventures outside. Big mistake, huge! Amy hides behind a shrub and like a little dark ninja, she comes out of the darkness in a flash and full on form tackles Adele (and herself) into the pool. Seriously, football coaches everywhere would have been proud...it was a solid hit for negative yardage. Naturally we all jump back in, because..why not?

I know I started it, so I may be delusional or it speaks to my immaturity, but I think it totally took the party to a whole new level o' fun!

It was a crazy good time, but these antics wore this young old person out!

]
Sarah Lu and I headed to shower

Sarah, Amy and I

Merril, Sarah, Amy and I




the girls





Thank you Johnny B for soaking me...now I think Julie needs to go in...

I'm goin for it...please note my other loser friends NOT helping!

she's totally not mad at me!


so in theory this was a great idea...but now I am wet, at a party with "real adults" in a dress not made to be swimwear....bummer



Adele after Amy got to her


Skeerdians


playing in the fountain...



our greatest picture to date....

No comments:

Post a Comment