Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

It's me Knox. I know, it's been quite a while since I have updated but the honest truth is I have been busy...and by busy, I mean BUSY! I have been swimming, going to school, playing with my friends, hanging out with Gan, singing, and reading (over and over) my favorite book about Melmo! (Elmo)

More on all that later...this blog post is because Mom told me yesterday was Daddy Day! What, I say?  I have to blog on this! I'm sorry but a mere Facebook status update will not do..I need paragraphs! I know I'm a day late, but throw me a bone, I'm one! See here's the deal, you may know my Bestest Friend in the Whole World...you may even be related to him, but I'm the only one who gets to call him Dada. Matter O fact, that's my favorite word. I say it ALL the time! So a whole day to celebrate him...think that's a fabulous idea!

Dada and I had the greatest Fathers Day ever. Mom was out of town on Sat. so we hung out ALL DAY LONG. I was in hog heaven. I mean seriously, when do I get him all to myself for a whole day. He took me to the golf course (which I LOVE) we ate lunch, both took an afternoon siesta, went to the grocery store then cooked dinner together. Dad made me these amazing things that mother has yet to serve me called hotdogs!! We also worked on our very serious project of lawn maintenance. What can I say, it's a two man job. Dad pulls out the hose and I stand there and water...then he picks me up (while I hold the hose) and moves me to another spot to get that area as well. Honestly, I'm not sure he could do it without me.

My dad rocks my socks off. Does your Dad let you drive around town in just a diaper and converse? Mine does! Does your dad also give you real life mini golf clubs? Mine does! Mom is not too fired up about me having a stick of metal to swing around but whatever!  Seriously, the man is amazing. He's stronger than anybody, he can throw me and mom, actually up in the air really high. He's not afraid of anything...he always picks me up when scary dogs or people come and I'm safe. He wasn't even afraid of the mushroom waterfall at the pool. He's the only one I have let take me underneath. He's totally got my back, my dad.

So today (err..yesterday) I celebrate MY HERO...MY DADDY!
I swear I think I even saw a cape once under his clothes. 


 "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:17

it was love from the start....


we are pretty bad..to the bone

my first shower...slightly terrified

Dad played college football...so he's really tough
I'm trying to be a "tough football"

always innovative..my Dad

this guy...



best friends

amigos

the watering of the lawn....serious stuff




Pretty much this photo wraps up how I feel about my Dad



No comments:

Post a Comment