Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

It's me Knox and I would just like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Daddy!! Today my pops turns the ripe old age of 28..and Uncle Chip too (they're twins ya know!) My dad rocks my socks off...he always plays with me whenever he's home and crawls after me saying, "i'm gonna get you!" It makes me laugh REALLY hard. Dad is always up for dance parties with me and Mom and is pretty much a shoe in to pick me up and give me my way when Mom won't. Basically, let's be honest...we are crazy about each other and pretty much bestest friends! I just thank God that He loves me soooo much that He gave me THIS Daddy...don't know what I did to deserve him, but i'll take him!

The day started out with just Dad and I getting to hang out. He came in and got me and then we hung out for a little bit and he made me breakfast. However, since it was his special day, I returned the favor! Well, I had a little help from Mom. "We" made him pancakes...he was pretty judgmental about the "shake and pour" pancakes but once he tasted them he changed his tune. Ha! teach him to doubt us! We also made him scrambled eggs and bacon. Ya, Mom and I were pretty much rockin' it in the kitchen this morning.

Next, he opened his birthday presents and for a one year old I am quite the shopper. I got him a sweater and a shirt. Mom got him a massage so after breakfast he left us and went to do that. I am not so sure why this is birthday present material because, truth be told, I get massages after every bath...doesn't everybody??

After that we went to lunch and Adele joined us..basically, it was a double date. Mom and Dad and then Me and Adele *swoon*...supposedly she has a boyfriend, but I am not threatened by this. Granted, he's probably potty trained, can walk, might not have my extensive vocabulary of "who's that?" and doesn't survive on milk and Gold Fish. But then again, he doesn't have my "adorable face" does he?? (it's a cheese ball smile that I have been working on and I have it pretty much mastered..works like a charm and the ladies love it.)

After lunch, Dad went to the golf course and I took the girls shopping at Shoe Closet. You wouldn't think I would like to shop in a "ladies store" but let me tell you something...they got some SUPER COOL shiny stuff in there!! Not to mention...MIRRORS! I was everywhere! I also really enjoyed touching any thing that was faux fur..I would just rub on it and sometimes put it against my cheek. To my utter astonishment, the ladies couldn't get enough of me and my super vocabulary of "who's that?" and "uh, oh" so I had to work the room a little.

Then after my nap I got shipped off to Bebe and Grandad's for the night. Funny thing, Mom and Dad think they are getting out to "celebrate" but in all actuality it's me that wins out on this deal. I am gonna be spoiled rotten for the next 24 hrs!!! Happy Dad's Birthday to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment