Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Potty Trained!

We are officially potty trained! Well, by potty trained I mean 90% of the time he goes to the potty in the toilet and he is wearing pull-ups at nap and night time. BUT STILL...I consider this to be a top notch achievement on my parenting belt. I did the "3 DAY POTTY TRAINING" and it really worked like a charm. I believe a lot of it is that I didn't rush it and let him tell me when he was ready to go in the potty.

When I asked him, "Knox, do you want Mommy to teach you to go pee pee in the potty?"
He replied, "No Mom, Both! I need you to teach me to go pee pee AND poop in the potty!"
Well okay then.

We went to Target to pick out his potty and he decided that he needed a big boy potty and a little potty as he didn't know which he would like best. In an effort to make this as painless as possible I did just that...got him both.

We went to pick out underwear and I said,
"Knox we are going to get you some big boy pants to wear instead of diapers!"
He looked at me like I was from Mars and said, "Mom, do you mean underwear?"
Me: "Oh, you know what underwear is?"
Him: (still looking at me like I am the dumbest person on earth) "Uh, yeah..my friends at school wear it"
I swear this kid, he is two going on 25.

He decided he likes the big boy potty much better and has only had maybe 10 total accidents in 2.5 weeks. We still haven't mastered going #2 in the potty but that may have changed yesterday.....

Knox tells me he has to go potty but does NOT need my assistance...okay. I realize after about 5 minutes that it's VERY quiet in there. I go in to find him sitting on the potty where he proudly announces, "Mom, I hoo-wee'd in the potty!" (that means poop...I hate it when little kids yell, I POOPED!) I was immensely proud until I took a look around....

Before he went #2 he tried to STAND UP and pee ...just like Daddy. Well Daddy has better aim (most of the time) and Knox had gotten pee on every possible surface. Seriously this kid must be some type of camel because there was A LOT of it. He even had little pee puddles in his crocs. That takes talent. He knew I wouldn't be happy so I figured that's why he went #2... he knew he had to rally with something big to make me not be mad about the pee.

Well, he was right...it was a parenting dilemma I had yet to face. Be mad about the pee because he KNOWS BETTER than to stand up or be thrilled that he finally did what I've been asking for the last 2 weeks...I went with the latter. Well played Knox, well played.

All in all, I would say it was a pretty painless experience. Knox is such an easy kid that I am terrified Bubbles is going to be a tiny terrorist. Oh, well...one outta two aint bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment